Need to make a switch...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It is worth the price, IMO. Her recipes are good, but more importantly, she explains how to tweak them to fit your own body chemistry. Also, every time she makes an update, anyone who has ever purchased the book gets the update, as well.
Yes i saw that but 30.00 for an ebook is wicked. I will have to put aside some cash for a bit. I just started new car loan 🤪

Has anyone tried this stuff? I’m also going to try making my own deodorant soon. Also, I love this ladies facebook group. Odor Neutralizer Pellets

“Benefits:

• Works in that it chemically traps and absorbs odor molecules formed during bacterial decomposition of perspiration
  • Does not inhibit transpiration and is therefore not an antipersipirant
  • Has no bactericidal or fungicidal properties and therefore does not interfere with the natural flora of the skin
Use: Can be melted together with the other oily components of the oil phase, preferably at 80°C/176°F. Emulsify as usual. Typical use level is 1-5%. For external use only.

Applications: Deodorant sticks or emulsion type deodorants.

Country of Origin: USA

Raw material source: Castor oil and zinc

Manufacture: Zinc ricinoleate is the zinc salt of ricinoleic acid which is obtained from castor oil.”

This is what I'm going to be trying come fall/ winter when I start formulating deodorants.

I would try a magnesium and zinc ricinoleate recipe. I know a lot of suppliers have basic recipes with these ingredients at the moment.

Last edited:
This is what I'm going to be trying come fall/ winter when I start formulating deodorants.

I would try a magnesium and zinc ricinoleate recipe. I know a lot of suppliers have basic recipes with these ingredients at the moment.
Have you heard of anyone using Miss Doyle’s recipe?

For me, the recipe you referenced would require purchasing a lot of ingredients that I don't have around. So although the recipe price is cheaper, the total cost with ingredients would be much higher. I also can't stand anything with CO that goes on my skin (unless it is saponified, lol). For me, CO feels greasy, never absorbs, and yet makes my skin feel dry. Weird, because I like it in soap and in food. :)

The e-book that I got has a bunch of different recipes, and also explains the use of each possible ingredient, so that you can choose to mix and match to suit your body chemistry. I chose to use mostly the ingredients that I had on hand, and the two versions I tried with those ingredients have worked very well for me.

Bottom line, the $22 e-book was a better option for me, since I didn't have to buy ingredients and got a bunch of recipes and explanations how to tweak them. I do plan to buy some of the ingredients for my next round since I've used up what I had on hand, but it was nice not to have to do that out of the gate.

But I hate to tell you which one to get, and then have you not like it. Deo is so personal and works differently for everyone. Have you read any of the deo threads on this forum? They are helpful.

Zinc Ricolineate and magnesium hydroxide are fantastic. In fact, Zinc Ricolineate was my final tweak that made a huge difference. Go figure, for 3 years my deo has been a very good seller, when I finally nailed the formula I go out of business. I have used Magnesium Hydroxide with Babassu since I started making it with who knows how many tweaks. I am almost considering making it in bulk and selling it.

Cardboard tubes get yucky especially with products like Deodorant and lip balms.

Zinc Ricolineate and magnesium hydroxide are fantastic. In fact, Zinc Ricolineate was my final tweak that made a huge difference. Go figure, for 3 years my deo has been a very good seller, when I finally nailed the formula I go out of business. I have used Magnesium Hydroxide with Babassu since I started making it with who knows how many tweaks. I am almost considering making it in bulk and selling it.

Cardboard tubes get yucky especially with products like Deodorant and lip balms.
The brown cardboard tubes get yucky. But, the black wax coated ones have worked well for me. They don’t stain with every little smear of oil, and they hold up until the product is gone.

Back