my so called spoon swirl lol

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it made me think of sunset with white clouds and it also make me think of easter eggs and spring. i think they are very pretty.

I think it's nice!

I think it's nice. What don't you like about it?

Your stamp is really cool.

thats really nice! I dont know why you dont like, its a pretty swirl

Thanks, everyone :)

What I don't like is, my swirls never look like swirls, they always look like glop's!!

I changed my recipe to stay more fluid, increased my OO, added some lard, but I'm still trying to make a fine swirled soap, like I see on here all the time, and it just eludes me!
I don't know how ya'll do it. This took me quit a bit of time to do, and it still didn't come out how I wanted it to.
I do still think it's pretty, it's just not what I had in mind..at all, lol

Oh, and jcandleattic, it's lavender-rose scented. My mom will like it, anyway!

I think the colours and swirls in your soap are gorgeous!

I find I get my finest swirls by doing ITP, stirring once only and pouring while still quite fluid.

Another way ... and I'm not sure what this is called, but I pour one colour in the bottom of my moulds, poor the main batter on top while both are fluid, pour some more of a colour, more batter, more colour etc. The main soap batter usually moves the colours 'out and up' and can leave some amazing patterns. Again this needs to be done while the soap is fluid.

Dragonkaz said:
I think the colours and swirls in your soap are gorgeous!

I find I get my finest swirls by doing ITP, stirring once only and pouring while still quite fluid.

Another way ... and I'm not sure what this is called, but I pour one colour in the bottom of my moulds, poor the main batter on top while both are fluid, pour some more of a colour, more batter, more colour etc. The main soap batter usually moves the colours 'out and up' and can leave some amazing patterns. Again this needs to be done while the soap is fluid.

I like ITP swirls, too! they always come out the best for me. I'm just not a natural swirler, but i wish i was :wink:

Back