My Recent shampoo bar

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Attached is my most recent shampoo bar. I have used lye based shampoo bars for almost a year now, exclusively, and have not encountered any hair problems. My hair isn't short (for most guys), but it's not shoulder length or anything either. I use this bar (which used denatured beer as the liquid) and spray with a water/apple cider vinegar solution after rinsing. Air dry and everything's fine.

Untitled.jpg

It's cool that you can use soap as shampoo. Do you have soft water? Do you trim your hair often?
My hair was waist length and now shoulder length, couldn't stand the soap scum...
And something caught my eye! You use chicken fat!!! Though it is quite a small percentage, do you feel anything special it brings to the party? ( as a shampoo, face bar, or body bar )

The chicken fat is just the egg yolks. I included it to more accurately calculate the needed lye. I just threw in as many things that supposedly work for shampoo and waited to see what came out. I like it.

Back