What soapy thing have you done today?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got an online soap order today. We have just moved house recently and my craft room is still just a pile of boxes. Now which box are the return address labels in? And which box are the actual soaps in that she's ordered? Can I find the little organza bags? Where's the bubble wrap? A pen? What usually takes me 2 minutes took about 20 minutes!

I got an online soap order today. We have just moved house recently and my craft room is still just a pile of boxes. Now which box are the return address labels in? And which box are the actual soaps in that she's ordered? Can I find the little organza bags? Where's the bubble wrap? A pen? What usually takes me 2 minutes took about 20 minutes!
Congratulations on your new and exciting chaos! 🥰

My almost entry into this months hanger swirl. So many fails🤦🏿‍♂️
1000026958.jpg

No swirling was done. My madder root infusion was terrible (more very light red blush). My paprika orange was tainted with Alkanet root. Great big globs of soap everywhere. And I forgot the scent🤦🏿‍♂️

And yet I don't hate it. And I'm infusing another batch of madder root, twice as much powder this time. And it's looking Alkanet red🤞🏿

View attachment 77505
No swirling was done. My madder root infusion was terrible (more very light red blush). My paprika orange was tainted with Alkanet root. Great big globs of soap everywhere. And I forgot the scent🤦🏿‍♂️

And yet I don't hate it. And I'm infusing another batch of madder root, twice as much powder this time. And it's looking Alkanet red🤞🏿
Madder root works well in the lye water in my experience - you don’t need a long soak just put it right into the hot lye. I don’t think it’s oil soluble. I strain it out with a paint filter.

Here’s a good thread about madder - looks like others have infused in oil, but @Mobjack Bay had the best results soaking in isopropyl alcohol and creating a gel
Post in thread 'What’s the madder with my madder?'
https://www.soapmakingforum.com/threads/what’s-the-madder-with-my-madder.75340/post-773631
I'm take a stab at a very strong "tea dye". I think I'm gonna switch to Himalayan rhubarb eventually though. The pink won't be red enough... Although with a grapefruit fragrance it could be interesting....

What's that? Oh, just soap on the ceiling. 😂 I was using a Pringles can for a mold and I was using the lid it came with for the bottom. I poured in a little soap at thick trace and no leaks! I thought wow why has no one thought of this? Then I filled it up and I tried banging the mold on the table to make sure there were no bubbles..... Well turns out it's not up to being banged. Good news is that only a bit got on the table. Bad news is I propelled it onto the ceiling. Ah well, at least I missed the light fixture.

View attachment 77500
Yikes-kers! Hope you had eye protection on!

I shouldn’t be laughing but I am bc I have moved so much and exactly know the feeling! People talk about me being so organized blah blah - but it’s no big virtue or anything. My brain just cannot function any other way. 😂
Sometimes I envy those who are organized (my mom is one, but I did not get that gene). I am one of those "organized chaos" people ~ it may look like a mess to anyone else but I know exactly where everything is 😁 The minute I clean and organize everything, I can't work because I have to go find everything, I have to go dig it out and set it up how I like it so I can work again 😆 so I just make sure to throw away actual trash and wash out my paint brushes and make sure my containers are closed so nothing dries out and all my like things are together, soapy stuff is together, my painting stuff is together, my beading stuff is together and general craft & hobby stuff is together ~ organized chaos 😁

View attachment 77505

It almost looks like marble 😊

Sometimes I envy those who are organized (my mom is one, but I did not get that gene). I am one of those "organized chaos" people ~ it may look like a mess to anyone else but I know exactly where everything is 😁 The minute I clean and organize everything, I can't work because I have to go find everything, I have to go dig it out and set it up how I like it so I can work again 😆 so I just make sure to throw away actual trash and wash out my paint brushes and make sure my containers are closed so nothing dries out and all my like things are together, soapy stuff is together, my painting stuff is together, my beading stuff is together and general craft & hobby stuff is together ~ organized chaos 😁
This is the way😁

Just came here to give soapers who use neem oil a bad time. This week I've been applying neem oil on my yard, you know, for it's intended use as an insecticide. Now I can barely walk through the yard without fainting from the stench. Hoo-boy that smell is strong and I'm outside in fresh air! Just don't know how you all do it.

Just came here to give soapers who use neem oil a bad time. This week I've been applying neem oil on my yard, you know, for it's intended use as an insecticide. Now I can barely walk through the yard without fainting from the stench. Hoo-boy that smell is strong and I'm outside in fresh air! Just don't know how you all do it.
You shouldn't have any mice around! I like insecticidal soap much better!

I wonder if this would be good to keep deer from my roses.

Oh no, I just ordered some for my houseplants, somehow they picked up mealybugs. Now I don't want to use it lol

I made some honey, oatmeal, almond milk and almond oil soap and put them in the freezer for a few hours then took them out and put them on my washing machine to unthaw and my cat didn't see them and tried to jump up there and all my soap went flying on the floor. Now all my pretty soaps look dented and out of place oh well hope fully their bee design didn't get wacked around I will unmold them from my single cavity moulds tomorrow and find out.

How odd, I used to use Neem oil for stink bugs on Pecan Trees. It's an oily sealant to keep away bugs. We used to buy large gallons for our orchard. I could have sworn it smelled like citrus and oranges. I proceed to the neem oil I recently bought and it smells weird. I can't explain what it smells like to me. I know that people like Neem oil soap for many skin issues. Google it. I will be making neem soap and seeing if it's good. 🌳

Latest posts

Back