My new “stamp”

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The jam will have a circle label on the lid with the name and flavor, then a rectangle label will be on the side of the jar with the other requirements, ie ingredients and nutrition facts

4FFA83B8-6139-4A56-BD9B-6FC0F1FCB378.png
Wow they do not make that information easy to find. You’d think the NIST, CPSC, FTC, FDA, or someone else would know to include the bottom 30% rule, but alas, here, from the Government Publishing Office. :thumbs:

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to buy a lot of soaps from a vendor at a local farmer's market - I think she is on Etsy too

She did not have her individual soap labeled at the market - but did have all her company information stamped on the bag into which she would put your soap - and i THINK maybe she had soap ingredient cards available if you wanted one with your soaP? I have seen mainstream cosmetics companies do that with a little flyer right next to their product - presumably because they are selling 1/4 dram for a gazillion dollars and you can't fit all the ingredients on a 1/4 dram package LOL!

When you are creating your labels, how do you account for the inconsistencies in bar weight? Are you weighing each bar and hand-recording weight on the label? Also, as the bars are curing they are shrinking, so I would assume that this is effecting the weight of the bar. At what point are you labeling the recording weights? Just prior to sale? At the time of storage after curing? This is getting more complicated by the minute. :oops:

Some people do a range, and some people underestimate a bit. So if you think your bar is going to generally be about 4 oz, put 3.75 oz on the label.

The same recipe is going to behave the same way. So if you use the same recipe, fill your mold to the same level, then weigh one of those bars at 6 weeks (or whatever) - then that should hold true for all batches from there on.

The net weight on the packaging can be less than what the actual weight is, but not more. You’re guaranteeing the customer will receive at least ___ ounces. For example, your net wt says 4 oz. One bar weighs 4.1 oz, one weighs 4.5 oz, and one weighs 4 oz exactly. All are fine. But you cannot have a bar that weighs 3.95 oz

I am going to go out on a limb here and ask what might be a stupid question... has anyone ever tried sticking a label directly on the soap itself? (As in, stick the sticker to the front of the soap with no other wrapping.) Just curious if it will stick, if the adhesive reacts to the soap or vise versa, etc. Thanks!

I am going to go out on a limb here and ask what might be a stupid question... has anyone ever tried sticking a label directly on the soap itself? (As in, stick the sticker to the front of the soap with no other wrapping.) Just curious if it will stick, if the adhesive reacts to the soap or vise versa, etc. Thanks!
I would think it would not stick very well due to the oil content of the soap. But if it did stick, then you would have to get it off when you use the soap, and as a customer I would hate doing that.

Right, that is what I am looking for. paper rubber stamp.
I am not very happy with the one I bought and was looking for another seller

It’s not a rubber stamp. The designer designed what is printed, and as a demonstration of how it could look, put it in a mock-up with the stamp image. It’s not real. I didn’t receive a stamp. Just the design. Idk where to order stamps

I ordered a custom egg carton stamp a few months back from Zazzle.
I found a design I liked on their site and modified it for me.
I was quite happy with the whole transaction and would recommend them.

Back