First boutique! How much soap and other items to bring? Other advice?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh gosh, yes! I’ve been meaning to post about it! First off, to all our friends that do markets - hats off to you - that is a LOT of work, energy and effort to do! All the set up before and pack up after, plus all the talking and interaction - and I’m a talker and extrovert! Wowwie!
I was the first table inside the room, so I had the opportunity to say hello and pull people to my table. I had lots of soap sniffers, but to my surprise, my soap was not the big sell item. Even in gift packs with a lotion bar. What did sell the most was sugar scrubs, lotion bars and lip scrub/lip serum sets. The sugar scrub and lotion bars samples so people could sniff them woo’d them in. The lip serum sample I used to put some on the backs of everyone’s hands with a “oh my gosh, feel that on your winter dry skin” and “this is a great stocking stuffer” was a hit.
Fun story, the next day a friends daughter had a birthday party, and she sent me a picture of a gift she was given - it was from my booth! Heheheheee - what are the odds?!?
I learned a lot - I love my tablecloth, and I was so glad I had an extra to cover my totes I used to block the side of the table so everyone didn’t see the back area, and it gave me a space for my extra inventory at an easy reach. I need to figure out something to make the side of my soap display interesting.
It was fun to do some trades of good with other vendors, too!
After all my expenses, I made more than I had hoped for; and I have a nice amount left for gifting to all my friends and family.
Here’s 2 pics of my display - I used everyone’s feedback - added a lip balm in tubes, made my signs more readable, made a QR code payment sign, was ready for cash with lots of small bills, had some peppermint candies and holiday decor, put signs behind products, and had samples for sniffing.
View attachment 75673
View attachment 75668
@dmcgee5034 , your display is beautiful, what a great job you did. Congrats on your first boutique!!

Latest posts

Back