Soap stamping showcase!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meepocow

Reaction score
My new custom soap stamp arrived in the mail! I went to it on the bars curing up, and I am so pleased with the results. These are just Christmas gifts for friends and family (will add labels before gifting), but don't they look gorgeous?!

1666890532836.png
1666890547829.png

Nice! If you don't mind sharing, where did you get your stamp? I really, really like it. Does it come with a mallet? or did you just use your hands?

Nice! If you don't mind sharing, where did you get your stamp? I really, really like it. Does it come with a mallet? or did you just use your hands?
Of course! I got it on aliexpress (Page Not Found - Aliexpress.com), for about $12CAD (I got the 2-3 cm one). The seller has many, many designs to choose from that you can customize, or submit your own graphic (I chose X09). He then made some proofs for me to approve, and it took about 2 weeks for the stamp to arrive to me in Canada. I opted for the resin one to keep my costs down, and it works great - very sturdy. But he also makes brass ones.

There are lots of etsy sellers doing similar, if that's more your jam?

:) I borrowed my husband's rubber mallet from the workshop, and it worked very well with two taps. The stamp doesn't come with a mallet, but TBH I think you could get a similar result using a small, sturdy handheld object like the bottom of a can, a rolling pin, etc. And I've seen soap makers just press down with their hands, but I don't like the idea of that much sustained pressure to possibly crush my soap so the two sharp taps of the rubber mallet was more appealing.

Sorry this is getting chatty, but one other fun thing I noticed was that there are lots of 'wedding monogram' designs. If you got a big order and had enough lead time, and the couple wanted it, wouldn't it be so fun to have a custom stamp with their initials to stamp their soap wedding favours?!

Back