My Frankensoap creation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lila

Reaction score
Well this is my 3rd (but so far ~ clearest, best!) Frankensoap creation. As you can see, it has alll kinds of problems (not to mention that it smells just yukky, being from so many rehashed soap scraps!). The point was just to see how to embed designs in soap, so I drew up a funny little picture that had some detail in it so see how much detail could be embedded. I don't know if it's even possible to get just one mold made that looks like the eye (and at an affordable 30-40 dollar cost)? Anyone have any leads? If not I may need to explore silicone casting, too.

evileyesoap.jpg

Bubbles Galore said:
I think you're very clever to do that but the soap is scaring me. :wink:

lol It's ALIVE! ALIVE, I SAY! That's exactly why it's called "Frankensoap" - It's just plain scary! But as I said, it was just to learn to embed. I'm hoping I might be able to use a stamp to get alot of embedded detail (I don't know stamps yet ~ I've been learning about making soap for about 2 weeks.).

Cheers

Bubbles Galore said:
Only two weeks? :shock: Wow, you're good kiddo. Imagine what you'll be like in two years? :wink:

Well, wish me luck. And thanks! :)

I made these eyeball soaps using a Japanese Ice Ball mold I got off ebay- you could try to embed one?
3816495128_cca25ff0eb.jpg

redfishingirl said:
I made these eyeball soaps using a Japanese Ice Ball mold I got off ebay- you could try to embed one?

Oh my God. Those are too cool to mention! lol A riot!

BTW, I've resigned my pursuits to learning the right formula for making sellable ("safe" soap). Maybe I just haven't done the right kind of digging but from what I can tell, it's a challenge to be ready to sell to the public. Things need to be listed, FDA concerns, yada yada....

I now have years to devote to knowing what it is I'd have to do to be able to sell and avoid beig sued of fined. Cheers. lol

Kudo's to you for recognising within yourself that you need more time to work on your formula's.
I really respect any new soaper that is humble enough to admit that, cos there are so many that want to sell after making two batches of soap.

lol that would be friiiiggin awesome to wash with! I dont think a mom on the planet would have a problem getting a lil boy to wash with those frankensoaps or eyeballs....keeeewl

redfishingirl said:

sorry for the lower case but i lost the use of my left hand for the next year or so. redfishingirl i think those would look great embedded. i was also admiring the shine...is it created or real?

thanks chrissyb. i have a background in consumables, so it just made sense.

Latest posts

Back