My Frankensoap creation

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lila, I know you said you lost the use of one of your hands (hope you are okay!)

But as far as a mold for making something like that, have you ever looked into making your own silicone mold??

It looks like it would be fun to try and could transfer enough detail to the finished piece to be worthwhile... and not to mention its a heck of a lot cheaper than having a custom mold made for you! :)

IanT said:
lila, I know you said you lost the use of one of your hands (hope you are okay!)

But as far as a mold for making something like that, have you ever looked into making your own silicone mold??

It looks like it would be fun to try and could transfer enough detail to the finished piece to be worthwhile... and not to mention its a heck of a lot cheaper than having a custom mold made for you! :)

I agree. Moldmaking's been on my to-do list awhile now. It'd be much more worthwhile than buying a mold for each custom piece which could turn into a small fortune. As far as the hand, thanks.. another year of therapy and it'll be as good as new. :)

Lila said:
redfishingirl said:
I made these eyeball soaps using a Japanese Ice Ball mold I got off ebay- you could try to embed one?
3816495128_cca25ff0eb.jpg

sorry for the lower case but i lost the use of my left hand for the next year or so. redfishingirl i think those would look great embedded. i was also admiring the shine...is it created or real?

thanks chrissyb. i have a background in consumables, so it just made sense.

They are shiny out of the mold, but I sprayed them with a little rubbing alcohol to make them shinier for the pic.

redfishingirl said:
They are shiny out of the mold, but I sprayed them with a little rubbing alcohol to make them shinier for the pic.

They'de look super neat with veins in 'em.

Back