My First Soaps..

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mechanolatry

Reaction score
Well, I took the plunge and made my first CP soaps.. here they are!

7207748452_3d9a2a6282_z.jpg
7207749068_1cb9f3a800_z.jpg

7207748706_ac0d3c4c3f_z.jpg

The brown-orange one is my first, its a carrot-ginger-honey soap. It smells divine!! The grey and white one was second, a clay and charcoal soap. Unfortunately, while it looks great, it didn't turn out so great. The charcoal particles are way too big and they scratch up your skin. :shock:

The dark brown one is a cinnamon-coffee soap. What do you guys think? Keep in mind these are my first! :D

7207748240_081633360e_z.jpg

I think they look great, congratulations! Mmmm, cinnamon coffee would be soooooo good right now :)

What kind of charcoal did you use? I want to make some charcoal bars but would like to avoid overly scratchy if I can.

You just inspired me to do a carrot soap. I have been thinking about it for a few days and now I must go out and shop for carrot juice and/or puree!

Very nice soaps. "Keep in mind these are my first" whatever! They are awesome! I would love to produce something like them, keep it up!

Awww... thank you everyone for the sweet compliments!

The charcoal was from a first aid kit, it seemed like a fine enough grain but I guess it wasn't. Try to look for charcoal thats very finely ground, like a powdered sugar consistency not like granulated sugar.

Definitely do a carrot soap! I have a juicer, so I used carrot juice with a little ginger juice, and added honey at trace (1 tbl. per pound). Mine went into a thick trace super quick, so keep that in mind.

really nice! loving that coffee soap. i tried a coffee soap yesterday and it didnt turn out half as pretty as yours :) good job

Latest posts

Back