Milk Soap for toddler and adult with Eczema?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a client with eczema that also cracks his hands. I make a Pine Tar & Lanolin bar (other ingredients of course) and he swears by it for helping.

Question -- What do you love about coconut milk in your soap? Does it lower the ph, make it creamy, help lather? People like using milk (from what I understand) because of the sugar and the lactic acid. What are the benefits of using coconut milk?

Obsidian:
Coconut milk on the other hand, makes a difference, at least to me. It give a creamier, more luxuriant lather and it doesn't discolor or smell icky like animal milk can.

^^ This :)

I also notice a bit more moisture retention feeling in my skin with coconut milk soaps, compared to ones without...and I get big fluffy lather with loads of bubbles..which I MUST have or Im not happy :p

I think the most luxurious bar I ever made had GM, Half & Half Cream, Buttermilk, Coconut Milk, & Yogurt in it. It was a challenge soap on another forum and it was amazing.... People with super-sensitive skin really liked it.

Ohhhhh that bar sounds amazing! I'd prolly not get out of the bath for hours using that LOL

Last edited by a moderator:
I am willing to try CM or GM soap again, just please tell me how much you use, and how you add it. I was so excited to try it the first time, only to be disappointed.

I too notice a difference in my soaps made with CM, GM and I love Buttermilk and 1/2 & 1/2. I think it give with soap a creaminess and all together soft feeling to my skin that I don't notice when not using them.

Susie, I use coconut milk at 100%, frozen, {Goya brand in a can}and add my lye to it while keeping my lye container in an ice bath..it gets a bit thick, but thats ok..I mix it a little longer than I would other liquids just to make sure all the lye has had time to dissolve.

Then I add to my oils {I soap cool..90-100} and once its in the mold it goes into the fridge for a few hrs.

What happened with your milk soap?

Last edited:
I used that method, with 100% water replacement. And the split method with evaporated GM.

Nothing bad happened to my milk soaps. It is just that no one could tell that anything was different from the same recipe made with water. And I am allergic to doing extra steps for no benefit. I still have CM and GM that I would like to use up, as a matter of fact, so I was hoping I missed something someone else was doing to improve it.

Latest posts

Back