Best alternative to goat's milk?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MelissaG

Reaction score
I have had a request for milk soap and I just found out that the price for goats milk in my area has sky rocketed. Any suggestions for a great affordable alternative? I use buttermilk in my bath bombs.

I just bought some powdered goats milk at Walmart, I did a double take when I saw the price - it is $14 for a package that makes three quarts! Fresh GM is $5.44/quart. So powdered is only slightly less expensive.
Yeah goat's milk has gotten alot more expensive. Not sure why since so many people have goat's at home now.

I use fresh goat’s milk at $6.25 per quart but am considering going to store bought or GM powder to save on costs. My question is….how do you use GM powder??
It’s easy just add to water or whatever liquid you are using. You can make it up ahead and use as though it’s fresh or make it as you are using it.

I masterbatch my lye 50:50, so I take part of my additional liquid to mix my additives - GMP, sorbitol, sodium citrate and sodium lactate. For a 1000g fats batch, I use 30g GMP and 10g of each of the other items added to 50g of my additional liquid, which is AVJ for me. I blend those items up and let them sit while my fats cool and my lye cools back down, because I add the remaining additional liquid to my MB lye so it heats back up a bit.
I give the GM a good mix again and then blend it into my fats before adding the lye.

I use this GMP, and have it on my subscribe and save to get the lower price.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SD8SQWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I masterbatch my lye 50:50, so I take part of my additional liquid to mix my additives - GMP, sorbitol, sodium citrate and sodium lactate. For a 1000g fats batch, I use 30g GMP and 10g of each of the other items added to 50g of my additional liquid, which is AVJ for me. I blend those items up and let them sit while my fats cool and my lye cools back down, because I add the remaining additional liquid to my MB lye so it heats back up a bit.
I give the GM a good mix again and then blend it into my fats before adding the lye.

I use this GMP, and have it on my subscribe and save to get the lower price.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07SD8SQWK/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Thank you! I’ll give this a try.

Latest posts

Back