meanie soaper!!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krissy

Reaction score
i went to a place that had some outside vendors today and to my happy surprise i saw a woman selling soaps! i went up and looked at her stuff, and noticed that she had some cool ideas and some rather interesting displays. almost all of her bars were balls and they were huge. she was visiting with the people she had at her table (friends of hers) when i walked up. i said hi and admired all of her soaps and smelled everything. i was getting ready to purchase some from her when i asked her if her soaps were CP, HP or MP? she looks at me kinda confused and says they are ___ ___. (her initials)
i said oh ok, and went around the corner, out of her line of sight for just a moment and she starts mocking me. saying a bunch of letters of the alphabet and being kinda rude. she then looks up and sees me. i told her, i was asking what kind of process you use, whether it was____, ____ or ____. she then tells me that it is none of those and that she invented her soap making process herself. she began to act like i was there trying to steal her secret recipe and couldn't get me to leave fast enough. she was short, and verging on rude about everything i said to her (all complimentary) i finally left without purchasing anything from her. i was going to spend about $35 there and she lost all of it just for being snippy.
worst soaper i ever met!! i was excited to meet one who was doing business in the same area i shop. not any more ! i wanted to heave one of her mondo sized soap balls at her head as i left though...

People are unbelievable. I cant believe this person felt that threatened by you when you asked what process she used. I love to talk to people about how I make soap and bath products. I am sorry you had to deal with someone like that, unbelievable.

krissy said:
i went to a place that had some outside vendors today and to my happy surprise i saw a woman selling soaps! i went up and looked at her stuff, and noticed that she had some cool ideas and some rather interesting displays. almost all of her bars were balls and they were huge. she was visiting with the people she had at her table (friends of hers) when i walked up. i said hi and admired all of her soaps and smelled everything. i was getting ready to purchase some from her when i asked her if her soaps were CP, HP or MP? she looks at me kinda confused and says they are ___ ___. (her initials)
i said oh ok, and went around the corner, out of her line of sight for just a moment and she starts mocking me. saying a bunch of letters of the alphabet and being kinda rude. she then looks up and sees me. i told her, i was asking what kind of process you use, whether it was____, ____ or ____. she then tells me that it is none of those and that she invented her soap making process herself. she began to act like i was there trying to steal her secret recipe and couldn't get me to leave fast enough. she was short, and verging on rude about everything i said to her (all complimentary) i finally left without purchasing anything from her. i was going to spend about $35 there and she lost all of it just for being snippy.
worst soaper i ever met!! i was excited to meet one who was doing business in the same area i shop. not any more ! i wanted to heave one of her mondo sized soap balls at her head as i left though...

Good LORD....people seriously need to get over themselves. It's soap. Not a cure for cancer - and besides...yours is probably better anyway. lol. :wink:

Definately sounds like an insecure person. Sorry you had such a bad experience.

Jude

carebear said:
she invented her soapmaking process herself?

it's MP.

Yup. SHe's talking about taking M&P and then scenting, then rolling into balls. Whatev.

Would it be copying if I took my CP and wore gloves on Day One and made "snowballs" with it? :lol:

And that's just bad karma to mock people....ugh!

omg. I would have heaved one with you!

Sheesh!

And I agree, I bet yours is better!

It amazes me how many people at events are selling melt and pour... and that most of them have *no* idea how it's made.

he soap balls looked and felt like MP but they were fullof something crummbly and chunky too. and they were all the same color of brown. no matter the scent. they were a translucent color with a yellowish chunky stuff mixed in. not the prettiest thing i ever saw but...you can't always see a great soap in the coloring or shape, which is why i was going to buy some anyways.
lol, i ought to set up a booth right down the street from her and tell anyone and everyone about how i make it so that they are well informed when they get to her table and ask her the same questions i did.

You should! :D

I read somewhere online, this girl explaining HP and saying that the lye was "cooked out". It's not wine or something. :roll:

Holy Cow !!! She invented MP balls , you really should have gotten her autograph :wink:
Her loss I would say and you saved $35.00 . That will buy a few nice soaping supplies :D
Sorry you had to deal with her .

Kitn

man, what a load! she obviously had no idea what you were talking about, and her experience with soap goes no farther than what she buys at walmart and the mp base she buys at hobby lobby. :roll:

i agree with the others, in that you saved some cash by not buying some cheapie soap! 8)

artisan soaps said:
I have to giggle that you'd question her process in shorthand - but I rather like the idea of introducing myself as a 'Type #2 RTCP Soaper' :lol:

But in all seriousness she was incredibly rude, and it speaks volumes on her ignorance of what she sells .. Clearly she is not 'making' anything or she would be keen to share the ingredients and effort that goes into producing a quality bar/ball!

Better for you to save your money, and I agree your own soap is no doubt HEAPS better ;)

i actually did that on purpose. my initial thought was that they were MP so i figured that any soaper worth their weight would recognize what the letters stood for (not the before the net soapers maybe, but most of todays soapers). I know i would have and i have only been soaping for a few months. she really had no clue what i was talking about.
i am glad i didn't waste my money on her.

true soapers have a love of the craft. and while we don't always give away our secrets, there is still plenty to discuss.

no matter her method, this woman is no soaper.

to be honest, she probably buys them wholesale, which is why she didn't know.

The way you describe them, they are not MP, but that tanslucent soap one can make with CP (hence the amber colour). The problem with that is, to get soap translucent superfatting is kept to a minimum and if you don't know what you are doing, they can be lye heavy.

I can't believe how rude whe was.

I met a soap seller recently at a small festival and at least she admitted she bought all of her soap wholesale as she thought it was quite complicated to make. She did have a lot of lotions and balms she made herself for sale and she knew plenty about those, so I told her to give me a ring or send me an email and I show her how to make soap. If she can make lovely lotion, I am sure she can make soap.

i wanted to heave one of her mondo sized soap balls at her head as i left though...

Only one? :wink:

What a nasty piece of work she was. Glad she missed out on your purchase though as she didn't deserve it.

Latest posts

Back