Making your booth stand out in 2014

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You are right, from that angle they look hidden. It is more spread out than that and at my second show people were definitely grabbing jars out of the baskets to purchase so it didn't seem like a barrier, for lack of a better word. :)

Found a new riser to use, was in my get rid of pile after spring cleaning the house. Walked by & light bulb suddenly came on. How did I not notice it before. It is a cell phone charging station. I see them at thrift stores all the time!!! ImageUploadedBySoap Making1391630717.401437.jpg

Thanks Jcatblum for posting that pic! I was asked to put my scrubs in a shop on consignment, but needed a display and I think that will be perfect!! Now to scrounge thrift shops and Homegoods... ;) What about a small amount of lip balm tubes, what is a good display for those at craft shows?

I'm not selling soap but I love this display I found on a random internet search. I'm sorry I don't know the owner of the booth or who took the photo so I can't give credit .. all I can say is, "it's NOT mine" .. but I would like it to be!

I'm not keen on the roses in the soap but love the wooden boxes, the natural colour, the straw and basically the rustic, yet classy look.

blog_strand_soap1.jpg

Oh MzMolly! Ive seen pics of that one - I do believe she is in Covent Garden Market in London. Sort of the mother of farmers markets in a way :)

I have seen pics of that too, sent from a friend in the UK, but I couldn't find the pics to make sure of it!:) He mentioned Cath Kidson but I looked up that site and I didn't see any B&B. Lovely!!

I'm not selling soap but I love this display I found on a random internet search. I'm sorry I don't know the owner of the booth or who took the photo so I can't give credit .. all I can say is, "it's NOT mine" .. but I would like it to be!

I'm not keen on the roses in the soap but love the wooden boxes, the natural colour, the straw and basically the rustic, yet classy look.

I have that on my pinterest board! I love that photo, it is such inspiration for me.

Ok .. skipping the fabric in the middle part and just think about this ......... folding, lockable, handles and shelves full of soap. As small as you want for a table top, or a bit taller for a floor display and just open/close and go. Handy .. several here and there.

I'm all for displays that don't take hours to set up but still look professional and attractive.

ETA: my super smart internet friend suggested putting something like this in a few pretty suitcases so you look like you're traveling .. a traveling soapman! You could have them stand on edge or laying down like a normal suitcase. Might be a fun idea.

folding display.jpg

Last edited:
Over the years, my craft fair display had evolved and gone through many changes. I usually do them alone, so I'm limited by the fact that I have to be able to carry everything myself. One thing that draws me in when I'm a craft fair shopper is a colorful display, so I've worked on that in my own. Whiskandbowl, I'd be making a beeline to your table! Also, I think a great banner makes a difference, I just got a new one that covers the entire length of my table. I'm currently satisfied with much of my display, except I need more height, and I'm still working on that. I've decided to try some kind of lightweight box that I can transport soap to the fair in, then flip upside down and stack soaps on top of, in back of my regular display. I'll probably cover it in a fabric that's complimentary to my table cover.

I just wish I could finally decide my display is "perfect", because all of this trial and error, (three different sets of tables, two different hand trucks, three different table covers) is expensive!

Navigator, I bought a wooden crate from Michaels or Joann (with a coupon of course) that comes unfinished. I spray painted with black chalkboard paint but the possibilities are endless. I do exactly what you mentioned, I carry my product in it and then flip it up on its side and put product in it and on top. I think it was $7 w a coupon.

I have only done a few little craft shows, etc, but what works really well for me is those modular shelving units - where you have a bunch of grids that you assemble into cubicles. They don't take up much room in the car, and you can build your display up off of the surface of the table.

Ok .. even though I've been reading this thread for many days now, this morning my eyes saw the title and my brain read, "How to make your boobs stand out in 2014"

I either need an eye exam or more sleep!! Just thought I'd share a laugh this morning.

I love all the info on this thread...there are a lot of great tips! I've done some craft fairs and art walks, but I'm doing my first farmer's market in about a month where I'll actually be having a booth :)

Okay. I worked on some stuff for my booth recently. Here is a folding screen I made out of two screen doors. Lets see if I can upload the pic.

Okay. I'll be back in a minute with the pics. Knock wood.

Last edited:
Okay. I worked on some stuff for my booth recently. Here is a folding screen I made out of two screen doors. Lets see if I can upload the pic.

Okay. I'll be back in a minute with the pics. Knock wood.

I am also working on trays for the bar and liquid soap. I'll have seven of them when I am done, that coordinate, but not match the above screen. I am so excited!

Ok .. even though I've been reading this thread for many days now, this morning my eyes saw the title and my brain read, "How to make your boobs stand out in 2014"

I either need an eye exam or more sleep!! Just thought I'd share a laugh this morning.

The eyesight does tend to trick us as the years pile up. Combine that with some hearing loss and what you think you see and hear can sometimes be hilarious.

Back