Loving Bay Rum

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynnz

Crafty Addict
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mmmmmm I am thinking this is my new fav Man smell..........Brings back precious memories of my lovely father who wore Old Spice all the time and this reminds me very much of it :0)

BayRum004.jpg

Lyn your soaps are so beautiful ... I just hope when I finally get up your way and meet you, that I can afford at least one of everything ... or two ... or three ... or ...

I LOVE how you got that swirl into the middle of the soap. It looks great! Any tips about that you'd be prepared to share?

I have to laugh about the Bay Rum. I've read people saying it's one of their best selling scents and others who couldn't give it away. My ex-husband runs a squash club (sport, not vegetable) and he keeps a bottle of the cheapest most awful smelling bay rum aftershave in the men's locker room, which he and one of his friends do just as a joke. They just cracked up about putting it in there. He's found it's disappearing at an alarming rate! I've been tempted to make a Bay Rum soap for him to keep in one of the showers, just to make him laugh, but it's possible it also would disappear and then who's the joke on?
Which supplier did you use for your FO? I love the original Old Spice.

bay rum

Very nice! I haven't tried bay rum, but I was just ordering some fragrance oils, and I might try it. My dad was an Old Spice guy too, and I think there are a lot of women out there who would relate. Currently, my favorite men's fragrance is BB Vanilla Oak. My sister calls it that "sexy man smell". :lol:
That is a very nice swirl!

Hey Newbie dont mind sharing :0) What I do is I pour my soap into the log and then hold my black portion at a height and pour it into the soap running it along the length of the log. I then insert a coathanger into the middle of the log and do some number eight swirls. I read of this technique on a forum called The Whisk there is a good tutorial there for this technique if I remember rightly as haven't been active there in a long time.............you can search it out. The thinner your trace the more whispy and delecate your swirl will be..............give it a go and have fun and share with us all :0).
I love love love this bayrum I personally think it is closer to Old Spice than a bayrum but then I haven't smelt any others this is the first I have used. It is from Oregan Trail I am having lots of fun testing out their oils at the moment :0)

Lyn, maybe you should send some to The 'new' Old Spice Guy in the Ad. :lol:
Love your soaps, I'll be aspiring for mine to look anywhere half as good.This one looks SCRUMDIDILLYUMIOUS.

Relle.

Absolutely beautiful!! I also love how you got that swirl effect in the center of the bar...very nice!

love it!!

do you put a wire that is bent so that the whole length of the mold has the hanger in it? like in the post pink and white side by side?

I have textured top envy! Your soaps are gorgeous!!! Any hints on how you make such gorgeous tops???

Latest posts

Back