Loofah soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ashley I wouldn't change a thing about them - they look absolutely amazing and has me wanting to get my loffah soaps done! Totally love that look....if you're really not happy I might be convinced to adopt them for you..... :wink:

That is very very cool! May I ask where you bought your loofa? (I'm hoping you say a local store, so I'm not tempted to place yet another online order!) And is it really hard to cut?

It is so pretty. If you hadn't said you wanted more soap around the edges, I would've guessed the entire look was completely planned! I am experiencing some serious soaping jealousy right now. :D

Those look great Ashley. I haven't done one of those for a long time. I guess it's time to do one again. I like having one of them in the shower.

BTW those are perfect Ashley.

Those are soo pretty. I've yet to try this. Although I should. I should have some loofahs of my own in a few months. Just ordered seeds and will be planting when there's no danger of frost left. :D

Hi Ashley- I realize it has been almost a year since you did your loofah-
I am wondering if it is M&P?

If so, do you think it would work with CP?
Just thinking about the possibilities-

I tried making these a long time ago. I used individual molds, and they didn't gel, but it was cp and they turned out fine. Until I used them anyway - I hated them and never made again lol. I have silicone molds and about five feet of luffa tho - I should add it to the 'make soon' list tho and try again to give as gifts. I was a beginner when I made them, so I could have made mistakes. But they scratched me up, and after a few days - well, the bars looked hideous and I was afraid there were germs growing in the luffa crannies. I just couldn't fully dry them after use.

Hello Healinya-
Yes, I was thinking that when you use a regular loofah, you are scrubbing
with the length of the fibers- that is, the side of the "sponge". When you
cut them crosswise, you have the ends of each piece of fiber that make
up the vegetable. It seems as though it would be rough. But maybe as the
soap is used, those cut ends become longer (they are left behind as the soap
goes away)and they fold over and are easier on the skin.

I have used ground loofah in bars of soap, and my testers like it- although
it is not as pretty as the slices!

Latest posts

Back