Waterslide Soap!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Thought I would start an actual thread since it seems a few people were interested in possibly doing these as well.
Here is the first try at using the waterslide paper. There were a few that cut off at the bottom, I knew it would happen (Stupid Cricut caused the issue with their margins), but I let them print anyway so I could use them for trial and error.

I think it turned out ok. I want to do a couple more for testing and let them sit for diff lengths of time before putting them under running water.

1714603040180.png

Update: This morning I couldn't wait any longer and decided to try out the sample posted above in water.

I expected it to loosen right away. It did not. So I used it as I would to wash my hands ... again, it stayed. I left it under the water for another 30 seconds. Again, no movement from the decal at all. I placed it on top of a silicon mold to let it dry for the day.

I tried it again just now and left it under the running water with the stream right on the edge of the decal to see if it would maybe get underneath and cause it to separate ... nope. Stuck tight.

It's almost as if I glued the thing to the soap.

Now I'm wondering what will happen as the soap continues to slowly lose water over longer periods of time. I imagine putting it on soap that is not fully cured would cause wrinkles in the decal as water evaporates, but that's just a guess. I suppose it might loosen and come off instead. :smallshrug:

Latest posts

Back