Long SaffireBlue order delays

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aab1

Reaction score
I placed an order on SaffireBlue on June 9th, they normally ship in 4-6 business days as stated on their website, but this last order still isn't shipped 9 business days later.

So far I had to go buy lemon essential oil at 500% the price locally at least 5 times since placing my order.

Is anyone else having such long delays from SaffireBlue on orders placed around June 9th?

I did happen to have a nightmare of a time paying for this order due to fraud on my credit card so the first few times I tried to place this order it got refused, I'm wondering is that's why my order is taking forever to ship.

Thanks

The first order I placed with SB took a month to arrive. Subsequent orders have been better, taking 5-8 business days to ship.

SB's only redeeming quality is their super low prices on almost everything compared to other suppliers, so that's why I stick with them. I am not making soap to sell, so time isn't as important to me as it would be to someone else. I could have switched to a different supplier, but I haven't, because deep down I'm still a cheapskate.

You have the option to pay an extra $10 for a rush order, in which case it goes out the next business day.

I thought I had seen that option once but couldn't find it earlier today when I looked for it. In some cases such as this one (where I was already out of lemon oil when I placed the order) I without a doubt would have paid $10 for next day processing, I've wasted about $30 so far on buying lemon oil by the ounce while waiting for my order.

Where is the $10 rush option? Is it possible they recently removed it?

Thank you

Yep, the last order I placed at the end of April didn't arrive til the end of may- seems like they really need more shipping staff.

I just found the $10 rush order option, I'm definitely using that on my next order which I'll place this weekend which also happens to be the largest order I'll have placed with them (close to $400, and I plan to place a $500 order after that one).

This will be my first time placing an order with SaffireBlue before my previous order even ships! In fact I'm probably going to add a smaller bottle of Lemon essential oil to my new order as it may very well arrive before my order from 2 weeks ago with the rush option.

I bet these delays are caused by everyone that's paying the $10 rush fee that automatically pass in front of the others. I've been buying from them for over a year and they usually always shipped quite fast, but I'll keep in mind there can be long delays and order sooner before I run out next times so hopefully this will be the first and last time I pay the $10 rush fee.

Thanks

They contacted me today to say the delay is because they are out of lemon essential oil, the item I need the most urgently. I wish they had let me know ahead of time they were out of stock so I would have known it wouldn't be just a few days before it shipped.

They shipped both my orders today without the lemon oil and said they will be sending the lemon oil later this week.

Does anyone know if there are any local stores that sell essential oils in more than ounce bottles for other times I may run out? I've had to buy 6-7 bottles at 500% the cost and will probably have to buy 2-4 more by the time I eventually get the lemon oil, assuming it ships this week.

Thanks

Latest posts

Back