Fragrance lost in mail/found

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
A couple days ago, I got a crushed box from Nurture soap. Inside was a fragrance and two micas that I had ordered and completely forgotten about back on early November of last year. I placed two orders that November and I got the second one so I guess I forgot about the first order, it was also a very busy time then.

Considering that this fragrance has probably been in a warehouse or traveling around for the last six months (it was shipped as UPS surepost and delivered by regular mail) should I worry about it’s freshness? Should I try to use it soon? It is a 8 oz bottle so I am afraid I can’t use it all soon.

I'm still using FOs that I bought four years ago without issue. If you aren't sure, make a small test batch.

@TheGecko Thank you! I have used old fragrances before, just not one that wasn’t kept in a controlled climate. Good idea though, I will be able to compare with my other bottle.
I keep all my FOs/EOs in the garage...definitely NOT a controlled climate and it will get up to 90 in the Summer and to close to freezing in the Winter. Light and oxygen are more detrimental to scents.

Back