LETS SEE YOURS

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoapyScrubs

Reaction score
I was wondering what everyone is up to this holiday season, 8).. So I decided to start this thread so everyone can post/see pictures of the holiday madness. :lol:

Here's a fwe pictures of some of what I have done I will post more pictures tomorrow. Sorry these didn't come out the best.

kyliee536.jpg

kyliee540.jpg

kyliee283.jpg

kyliee280.jpg

soap

you've been busy! the fish embed just glows! now the shells wrapped with string are soaps too? love the teddys and star bar. what fragrance is in the ones in the dish with the shells?

thanks. You can;t see it but I put three poppy seeds in the soap as fish food. The shells were bath bombs.lol.Each half was filled. I made a custom scent that I call Angel Kisses. The fish was watermelon.

Here is a batch I made this afternoon
The fragrance is Pink Grapefruit by Brambleberry, so that's why I chose the pink and yellow, they are not quite so bright in real life!!

2dqvyvm.jpg

14ig39u.jpg

Thanks for looking
Chrissy :wink:

Cool Soaps you guys!

SoapyScrubs, I love the fishy and those BBs are very clever.

ChrissyB, the colors are wonderful, bet they all smell so good.

All of them are absolutely wonderful! ABIGTROUTT I love your presentation.

Mine are all packaged and in boxes on their way to my family. I hope everyone enjoys them as I'm sure your friends and family will!

:D :D :D

See whats been keeping me busy!

What do you think of my babies? I'm a proud Mama!

Packaging Puck-Shaped Bars

A couple people on this forum have asked how I package my round, puck-shaped bars. It's pretty simple: I cut out tissue paper into rectangles, wrapping it first around the edge of the bar
and securing it with a small piece of clear tape. (You can't see it in the pictures but the bar is resting on a small juice glass to support it.)

Then, I fold down the tissue onto the flat sides of the bars and secure the tissue under a round sticker that I've run through my color printer. Since my round bars look like
the moon I've branded my creations as Moon Bar Soap. The round sticker on the back lists the ingredients.

I'm going to switch from regular tissue paper to waxed, floral tissue paper thanks to a tip I read here. I've learned a lot on this forum and love sharing ideas here!

The picture is from the first batch of this soap that I made but I am making more soon. I am a homebrewer and this is a beer soap I made and added some of the base grain that I use to make beer with. Ground it up fine and added to the soap to make it exfoliating. It's different but so am I.

Bruce
beerexf.jpg

x

great stuff!!! i still cant get past the little sea shells! they look soooo lifelike! and that one half-round bar with holes looks like a sea-sponge. (is that a salt bar?

thank you for clearing up the mystery of wrapping round sliced soaps, too.
very clever!

i'm all thumbs with wrapping papers. that's why i stick to boxes!

bigmoose, i think you've got a great concept going there!

Re: Packaging Puck-Shaped Bars

Jaaret said:
A couple people on this forum have asked how I package my round, puck-shaped bars. It's pretty simple: I cut out tissue paper into rectangles, wrapping it first around the edge of the bar
and securing it with a small piece of clear tape. (You can't see it in the pictures but the bar is resting on a small juice glass to support it.)

Then, I fold down the tissue onto the flat sides of the bars and secure the tissue under a round sticker that I've run through my color printer. Since my round bars look like
the moon I've branded my creations as Moon Bar Soap. The round sticker on the back lists the ingredients.

I'm going to switch from regular tissue paper to waxed, floral tissue paper thanks to a tip I read here. I've learned a lot on this forum and love sharing ideas here!

What a great tutorial! I am going to incorporate this process into my bath fizzers (which look like a hockey puck). They are a PITA to shrink wrap

Thank

Here is what my family and friends are getting this Christmas...
I'm pretty proud of myself considering it had never even occured to me to make my own soap before October.

The gift basket includes 2 or 3 of the following plus a silly little pamphlet I put together to explain "just what's in this soap... and what is soap anyway?" I got thirty of these little wicker baskets for $5 from a local shop that was going out of business. Can't beat that. Oh and I re-recycled some packing material used by one of my soaping suppliers to make a little nest in the baskets.

Daily Grind Kitchen Soap (no fragrance other than the little left behind by really strong coffee mixed with the lye.) I had run out of coconut oil so I used crisco, olive, palm and castor oil and I just love it for washing my hands in the kitchen. It is rock hard and SO BUBBLY!

Reddy's Red Tea Remedy soap... named for my Grandma who got the nickname for her flaming red hair. I used a really strong Rooibos red tea in place of water to mix with the lye. The FO is spiced fig which actually came off as a nice tea scent.

Avocado Mint...
I used a FO with that name and also superfatted with avocado oil. I used mint leaves from my garden which I dried and ground myself. This batch also has a bit of colorant added. This is my favorite so far and ironically it was my very first attempt at soaping.

Re: Packaging Puck-Shaped Bars

Jaaret said:

Thanks for sharing how you wrap them. They look great & the naming is so clever. Well Done!!!! :D

Latest posts

Back