knitted cloths

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andreabadgley

Reaction score
Hi everyone! Lindy's crocheted washcloths and poufs inspired me to post pics of some of my knitted creations. I've only been knitting a couple of months, and washcloths are the PERFECT small project for a beginner (and for a soapmaker!).

Here's a cloth made with organic cotton yarn my neighbor gave me when she found out I was learning to knit:

Here's a pink one for my daughter (my kids LOVE for me to knit washcloths for them):

And a work-in-progress for my newborn niece, also made with organic cotton yarn:

Nice, have you thought about organic hemp? I bet hemp has great appeal in your market too.

Tabitha said:
Nice, have you thought about organic hemp? I bet hemp has great appeal in your market too.

Ooh, no! Is it knittable (is that a word)? And where do you think I could find some of that? Thanks for the tip, Tab!

Andrea those are wonderful! I love both the knitted and the crochet'd (can't spell that one... :oops: ) Your's are gorgeous and I love the edging on it.

Oooooo, love the knitted ones. Lindy's are very nice too BUT I can knit (even sell some of my knit stuff) but could not crochet if my life depeneded on it!!!!!!!!!

I kept looking at those this evening and just had to start a knitted one too.....so I'm working on one now. I used to make all my dish cloths - they are my total favourites but since they haven't worn out I haven't knit any in eons.....

Tabitha - where would you get organic hemp for knitting? I've also heard of bamboo....hmmmm

Thanks y'all! Yes, the organic ones are SOOOOOO soft! I love working with the yarn. Let's see if I can find the brand... Rowan purelife organic cotton naturally dyed. I don't know how to figure out what the "weight" of the yarn is (I don't know all the knitting/yarn terms!), but they recommend US size 5 knitting needles (UK size 9). It's a smaller yarn than the pink cotton cloth's yarn, which is the Sugar'n Cream worsted 100% cotton yarn. I loved working with the Sugar'n Cream until I started using the organic. Compared to the organic, it's kind of bulky and not quite as soft. They soften up with washing and drying though.

I'm going to have to check on the hemp yarn. I really want to try that now.

ooh! I'm so excited. I knit, but all I ever had the attention span for was scarves... here's a new project for me! yay!
I cannot learn to crochet for the life of me!

Jola said:
ooh! I'm so excited. I knit, but all I ever had the attention span for was scarves... here's a new project for me! yay!
I cannot learn to crochet for the life of me!
That's how I am with knitting!1 LOL I even got a "knitting for dummies" book, and apparently I'm too dumb even for that book, because I CANNOT figure it out! LMAO

Those are lovely!

I knitted some from hemp, some from silk yarn and sold them for &7 each one Christmas at my home show. They were smooth and lovely, went fast.

Another natural yarn to use is soy yarn. Here's one add for it.

Soy silk
As a byproduct of manufacturing tofu, soy silk is made of 100 per cent recycled material, making it one of the most environmentally friendly (and expensive) yarns. Soy silk is usually blended with other organic fibres to create a luxurious and affordable yarn.

Latest posts

Back