Just made some Coffee Soap! (updated with pics)

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
G

Tonight I tried a batch of coffee soap. I added some cocoa to make sure I got a deep rich brown for the main part, then mixed in some ground oatmeal and ground coffee, vanilla bean F/O and some shredded unscented soap bits to add some interest.
I saved a bit of unscented/uncoloured soap to spread over the top for the "froth". I had a bit of a time figuring out how large to set my mold, but my techy math-wise husband helped and it worked perfectly. The batch filled the mold right to the brim.
There had to be one disaster-- my silicone scraper broke off its handle when I was using it to help me put the soap in the mold...that will be cute on the video...heehee...

I'll video the cutting before I leave for work in the morning, then I can post some pictures tomorrow evening. I can't wait to see how it turns out!

Vanilla Bean Latte....yummm!

you didn't video the whole thing again? i like listening to you canadians talk about (or, should i say "boot") goong oot fer a boot ride doown the river :)

there's a nurse here where i work that is from canada. i can't help but talk like him after a while lol :) everything sounds so much more interesting coming from him

i've heard our "accent" (or lack thereof, to me) is whiny :(

We videoed the "making" part this time, not all the preparations. Poor Jon got hit with the broken piece of lye-soap covered scraper while he was trying to flim me.... :shock:

I worked in S. Califormia for a few years and people there would often guess I was Canadian from my accent. I don't hear it, but then after I'd been there for a while my family at friends back in Canada would tell me I was speaking American!

:oops:

Mmm, vanilla bean latte, it sounds perfect. Which reminds me...why is it so late and I've not had my coffee yet? Grr! I better take care of that. :D

I'm looking forward to a new video. Yay!

As far as the accent goes, it's amazing how we change depending on our location. I lived in FL for several years and worked with a guy from SC. He had quite the southern twang and all my family in WY said I sounded like a southerner. I guess I'd just picked it up since I was working with him so much and that's all I heard.

Darn- the soap was still too warm this morning before I left for work, so I'll have to cut it tonight when I get home. I really wanted to see how it looked! I'm so impatient!
The top of the loaf was quite oily (after OP) Do you think it will absorb as it cools?

It should reabsorb. I have had a few that it took up to a week to fully reabsorb. Good luck. Can't wait to see pics.

Saltysteele said:
you didn't video the whole thing again? i like listening to you canadians talk about (or, should i say "boot") goong oot fer a boot ride doown the river :)

there's a nurse here where i work that is from canada. i can't help but talk like him after a while lol :) everything sounds so much more interesting coming from him

LOL , that is one province in Canada that talks like that . I don't have an accent :wink:

lol :lol:

i don't have an accent, either - to me :D (still bugs me that other people think i sound whiney - i hate whiney)

I work with a "west coast" canadian. You don't always pick up on her accent, but we get a big kick out of it when we do. The"Bahston" accent is the one I hear most often living in Massachusetts and it is like sandpaper to my ears! I'm a Maine transplant, but of course have no accent whatsoever! :D :wink:

Jude

OK, here they are:

3911605896_6396c0ea3e.jpg

They've got a bit of ground oatmeal and ground coffee beans....they came out a bit oily on the surface. Hopefully it will reabsorb as they dry out.

Saltysteele said:

Who you callin' whiny? :wink:

LJA said:
Saltysteele said:

Who you callin' whiny? :wink:

Us!! :lol:

Thank you for the lovely compliments. This is so much fun-- I want to make soap everyday!

Latest posts

Back