2lilboots soaps again

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
IMG_20230703_114600642.jpg

I found some silicone ice cube molds at Walmart. So I used them to make embeds. These are unscented and I used micas for colorants.

I also found some small silicone candy molds at Walmart so I made some embeds with them. Unscented soap with mica colorants. I also played with my new piping tips.
IMG_20230701_133532316.jpg

Goats Milk soap. I made this last week. I froze the goats milk for my lye solution. Unscented and no colorant.
IMG_20230703_120203960.jpg

Hazelnut espresso coffee soap. I used frozen brewed coffee and frozen goats milk for the liquid. Ground up used dried coffee grinds in my ninja. Hazelnut espresso fo from NG and coffee fo from WSP. Put cocoa powder in bottom layer. The soap overheated and I had large cracks on the top that I cut off.
IMG_20230703_121050301.jpg

Aloe soap. You thought I would have learned my lesson from the coffee goats milk soap, but no. This soap had half the liquid as aloe goo and other half water. Overheated and cracked like a son of a gun. I had to cut the piped topping off. Micas and TD for colorants. The fo is Coconut Lime Verbena from NG.
IMG_20230703_120745904.jpg

This is my favorite one so far. Just oils, water, and micas. The Pink Grapefruit fo from WSP is wonderful.
IMG_20230703_120934008.jpg

Last edited:
Oatmeal, Goats Milk, Beeswax, and Honey Soap.

I put baby organic oatmeal cereal in the ninja and pulverized it. I used half water and half frozen goats milk for my liquids. I melted my beeswax with my hard oils. I took a tablespoon of my water liquid and dissolved the honey and added that to my oils. I lined my wooden mold with freezer paper, then bubble wrap. I used NG Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey fo. No colorant. Smells divine.
IMG_20230713_153134075.jpg

View attachment 73388

I found some silicone ice cube molds at Walmart. So I used them to make embeds. These are unscented and I used micas for colorants.

I also found some small silicone candy molds at Walmart so I made some embeds with them. Unscented soap with mica colorants. I also played with my new piping tips.View attachment 73389

Goats Milk soap. I made this last week. I froze the goats milk for my lye solution. Unscented and no colorant.
View attachment 73390

Hazelnut espresso coffee soap. I used frozen brewed coffee and frozen goats milk for the liquid. Ground up used dried coffee grinds in my ninja. Hazelnut espresso fo from NG and coffee fo from WSP. Put cocoa powder in bottom layer. The soap overheated and I had large cracks on the top that I cut off.
View attachment 73392
Love the little sunflowers!

The sunflower mold was a candy mold from Walmart. It is half sunflower, half butterflies. I put a tiny bit of coco powder in the center of the mold before I gently spooned a tiny bit of soap colored with wheat mica. Then I spooned in the soap with the yellow mica. Wish I had used a bit more yellow, but oh well. I was just experimenting.

Making soap cupcakes is my favorite. Mind you, I started measuring my oils at 3 pm and I placed my last embed at 9 pm. Yes, it actually takes that long.

I used Cranberry Relish fo from NG. I think it smells like tutti-frutti. Piping the tops is the challenge. I can only put about a cup of batter in my piping bag at a time, or it heats up and kind of gets liquidized. Years ago I used ziplock bags, but the soap would eat thru the bag. I have found that regular piping bags work better. Anyways, I wanted to see if I could still do it.
IMG_20230713_212826129.jpg
IMG_20230713_212845994.jpg

Oatmeal, Goats Milk, Beeswax, and Honey Soap.

I put baby organic oatmeal cereal in the ninja and pulverized it. I used half water and half frozen goats milk for my liquids. I melted my beeswax with my hard oils. I took a tablespoon of my water liquid and dissolved the honey and added that to my oils. I lined my wooden mold with freezer paper, then bubble wrap. I used NG Oatmeal, Milk, and Honey fo. No colorant. Smells divine.
View attachment 73598
I especially love the full bubble wrap look ~ different from everyone else who usually just do the top 🥰

Made this soap last week. NG fo Bayberry. Nice scent for a man. Used the rest of the frozen Guinness Stout for the lye liquid. I kind of thought it would make the bars darker. No colorant. I used sodium lactate since I was using cavity molds. I still should have waited a few more days to unmold them as I smashed some corners. Today they are hard and smooth.

On another note I invested in a small handheld steamer as my cupcake bottoms were covered in soda ash. It does the trick and is better than holding the soap over the tea kettle on the stove.
IMG_20230719_194444598~2.jpg

I used sodium lactate since I was using cavity molds. I still should have waited a few more days to unmold them as I smashed some corners. Today they are hard and smooth.

Beautiful, smooth soap :) I am now regretting not leaving at least one of my goats milk soaps pure white :rolleyes:

I am dealing with the same thing as I have been pouring smaller 2kg batches for customers into cavity molds which I gave them their choice of so they each can have something unique to their stores, in addition to the regular bars they are purchasing from me. I was too gung-ho to unmold yesterday :rolleyes: and a few soaps from the cavities don't have a smooth, glass-like finish because of it. I am waiting a few more days before I pop the rest out. I switched from sodium lactate to salt after trying this with my 16 pound batches & getting just as good, if not better, results in my slab molds. Maybe I will go back to sodium lactate for cavity molds as I still have a huge bottle of it anyways.

I am now waiting on a small goats milk test batch I made today & poured into in cavity molds. I will leave these ones alone until I get home Monday after dog sitting while my friends are sailing this weekend.

This is one of the things I don't like about cavity molds....I wanna see what kind of result I've got ASAP! At least with my slabs I can unmold while still warm & cut right into them without issues, as long as everything is good & firm after a nice gelling.

Good to see someone else pumping out the batches left, right & centre 😁 You look like you're more than enjoying the design process :)

@Zing

Coffee and Goats Milk. Brewed and then simmered coffee until almost tar. Froze it. Froze the goats milk. Used half each for my lye liquid. Dried the coffee grinds in the oven then processed in the ninja. Only used 1 1/2 tablespoon. Used cocoa powder for the dark color added titanium dioxide for lighter color. Used Hazelnut espresso fo from NG and Coffee fo from WSP. It overheated and cracked, but I cut that part off. I still have frozen coffee in the freezer to do another batch. This time I will put the soap loaf in the freezer.

@Zing

Coffee and Goats Milk. Brewed and then simmered coffee until almost tar. Froze it. Froze the goats milk. Used half each for my lye liquid. Dried the coffee grinds in the oven then processed in the ninja. Only used 1 1/2 tablespoon. Used cocoa powder for the dark color added titanium dioxide for lighter color. Used Hazelnut espresso fo from NG and Coffee fo from WSP. It overheated and cracked, but I cut that part off. I still have frozen coffee in the freezer to do another batch. This time I will put the soap loaf in the freezer.
Love these deets! I like soaping with coffee, brewed and ground, and cocoa powder.

I have the day off, so I made some soap. Half my liquid was condensed goats milk. I mixed that into my oils. Heck of a lot easier than dealing with frozen goats milk. The fo is NG Sparkling Lavender Lemonade. I tried an ITP swirl. I think I would like to invest in a couple of those funnel spout pitchers to do this in the future. I used violet, purple and pearl white mica. These bars are going to stay in their molds for a good week.
IMG_20230727_193323653.jpg

Now I am waiting for my lye solution to cool for a wine soap. I simmered a blackberry merlot yesterday to half solution. I will be using NG fo Blackberry Fizz. Happy soaping!

Latest posts

Back