July 2021 SMF Soap Un-Challenge - Confetti/Cubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1. Spowers - this is right up my alley - love 'unchallenges'!
2. KimW -awe man - With summer in full swing I was going to sit out July's, but can't resist a chance to lessen my load of soap shavings!
3. Phoenix - I have just the design in mind!
4. Tara_H - Confettipalooza!
5. Mrs. Z - I have a little confetti waiting for me too!
6. peachymoon - I recently got a bevler/planer and have been saving shavings for confetti. Perfect
7. The_Emerald_Chicken - Mine's already on the heating pad 😁
8. Misschief - it's time I used up some of my odds and ends
9. bookreader451 - I was just thinking of making another soap curl drop swirl
10. Vicki C - Yes! Maybe I’ll attempt Tara Trees with all my scraps.
11. MarnieSoapien - I do love a good confetti soap!
12. glendam - perfect, have lots of scraps
13. MysPhoenix - yay! Now I will finally stop procrastinating on a confetti project I've been meaning to get around to for about a month now!!
14. ResolvableOwl - ConfettiConfettiConfettiConfetti, let's see how far we can nest soap recycling!
15. heartofnebraska - also been procrastinating a confetti soap!
16. Future_Ghost - this will be my first challenge here, and I need to use up some soap scraps so it feels perfect!
17. Mobjack Bay - I’ve gathered up the bits and pieces. Now all I need is an idea…
18. VikingChick - I tried one today. The colors are :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: and i hope the rest of it worked (I may be looking at my first ever failed batch ☹). We’ll know in a day or two!
19. SideDoorSoaps - finally! I keep meaning to make some confetti soaps!

1. Spowers - this is right up my alley - love 'unchallenges'!
2. KimW -awe man - With summer in full swing I was going to sit out July's, but can't resist a chance to lessen my load of soap shavings!
3. Phoenix - I have just the design in mind!
4. Tara_H - Confettipalooza!
5. Mrs. Z - I have a little confetti waiting for me too!
6. peachymoon - I recently got a bevler/planer and have been saving shavings for confetti. Perfect
7. The_Emerald_Chicken - Mine's already on the heating pad 😁
8. Misschief - it's time I used up some of my odds and ends
9. bookreader451 - I was just thinking of making another soap curl drop swirl
10. Vicki C - Yes! Maybe I’ll attempt Tara Trees with all my scraps.
11. MarnieSoapien - I do love a good confetti soap!
12. glendam - perfect, have lots of scraps
13. MysPhoenix - yay! Now I will finally stop procrastinating on a confetti project I've been meaning to get around to for about a month now!!
14. ResolvableOwl - ConfettiConfettiConfettiConfetti, let's see how far we can nest soap recycling!
15. heartofnebraska - also been procrastinating a confetti soap!
16. Future_Ghost - this will be my first challenge here, and I need to use up some soap scraps so it feels perfect!
17. Mobjack Bay - I’ve gathered up the bits and pieces. Now all I need is an idea…
18. VikingChick - I tried one today. The colors are :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: and i hope the rest of it worked (I may be looking at my first ever failed batch ☹). We’ll know in a day or two!
19. SideDoorSoaps - finally! I keep meaning to make some confetti soaps!
20. Sweet Potato Soap & Such- 1st timer

We have been cleaning/clearing out the basement readying for our kitchen renovation (was supposed to happen in May) and I am trying to sneak in my batch this month. I have a stove and fridge in the basement for soaping and that is becoming my kitchen for 12 weeks. We could grill if it ever stops raining.

I made my un-challenge soap today. I couldn't get the base color just what I wanted it to be. I think it looks like a lemongrass scented thousand island dressing. But in block form. 😂 It's CPOP'ing now. Maybe it won't look so bad after it sets up.

Your grocery store has a Polish section? Being of Polish ancestry, I’d like to peruse that section.
I was thinking the same thing. Our stores tend to have Hispanic and Asian, or sometimes a generically labeled "ethnic" section - but no Polish. We do have a few stand-alone Indian, Asian, and Halal (meat) stores.

I was thinking the same thing. Our stores tend to have Hispanic and Asian, or sometimes a generically labeled "ethnic" section - but no Polish. We do have a few stand-alone Indian, Asian, and Halal (meat) stores.
@The_Phoenix - We have the same setup, but with Polish also for both. When they joined the EU there was a very large number of immigrants to Ireland and they seem very organised 🤣 There are a good number of Polish groceries, even in smaller towns, also hairdressers etc, and I believe even a newspaper or two.

I'm not of Polish ancestry (not that I know of at least), nor of Bulgarian, Russian, Greek, Turkish, Indian, Chinese, Arabic, Ghanaian, Mexican, Brazilian, Spanish, Italian, French or whatever descent, but that doesn't keep me from perusing their stores!!!

Here's my pink lemongrass confetti soap!
IMG_20210722_104206347.jpg

Here is my confetti soap. I am not very happy how it’s turned out but I got to use a lot of soap scraps. I keep them sorted by color so I thought I could attempt a landscape soap with a look similar to pointillism paintings. However I think lighter colors would have worked better. Each section has a different fragrance and color, a floral for the “flower field”, cotton candy twist for the sky and a forest kid for the “hills”. I think I like the bars where I poured the leftover batter better.

Attachments

• 4DBD2D8F-1EF9-4192-AB84-FFCBC5FAEF2E.jpeg
    4DBD2D8F-1EF9-4192-AB84-FFCBC5FAEF2E.jpeg
    97.1 KB · Views: 28
  • 25CB76EC-E690-42B3-A69B-DC67E52F8DC6.jpeg
    25CB76EC-E690-42B3-A69B-DC67E52F8DC6.jpeg
    82.7 KB · Views: 28
Aren’t these cute? Took me half the day to make. Poured the green then let it set. Textured using a fork. Then used squeeze bottles for the blue and brown layer to form the tree trunk. Let that set a bit. Then added the confetti to more blue batter and poured. Shaped the top of the tree. Then poured more blue. And finally piped the white clouds.
Scented with NGs Green Tea.
4A2FFAC6-5F14-4E9F-86BF-C0E2D6E5A43B.jpeg
69B3F1DE-6D91-4858-BC6A-135F5A8F7766.jpeg
E4F7B687-EFFA-401E-A3BC-683ED80F376D.jpeg
BA595092-F52A-4E54-A0CD-B2EC1089DFBB.jpeg

Last edited:
@The_Phoenix for an unchallenge, you went for it. These are amazing!
Thank you! I’ve wanted to make a tree soap anyway so this unchallenge gave me the opportunity to go for it. I want to try and make a bonsai tree next with Mt Fuji in the background. It’ll be a birthday present to my hubby. He LOVES Japan. Can’t take him to Japan just yet but I can bring Japan to him. 😂

Latest posts

Back