July 2021 SMF Soap Un-Challenge - Confetti/Cubes

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1. Spowers - this is right up my alley - love 'unchallenges'!
2. KimW -awe man - With summer in full swing I was going to sit out July's, but can't resist a chance to lessen my load of soap shavings!
3. Phoenix - I have just the design in mind!
4. Tara_H - Confettipalooza!
5. Mrs. Z - I have a little confetti waiting for me too!
6. peachymoon - I recently got a bevler/planer and have been saving shavings for confetti. Perfect
7. The_Emerald_Chicken - Mine's already on the heating pad 😁
8. Misschief - it's time I used up some of my odds and ends
9. bookreader451 - I was just thinking of making another soap curl drop swirl

2. KimW -awe man - With summer in full swing I was going to sit out July's, but can't resist a chance to lessen my load of soap shavings!
6. peachymoon - I recently got a bevler/planer and have been saving shavings for confetti. Perfect
10. Vicki C - Yes! Maybe I’ll attempt Tara Trees with all my scraps.

11. MarnieSoapien - I do love a good confetti soap!

12. glendam - perfect, have lots of scraps

Today at 1:45 PM
13. MysPhoenix - yay! Now I will finally stop procrastinating on a confetti project I've been meaning to get around to for about a month now!!

13. MysPhoenix - yay! Now I will finally stop procrastinating on a confetti project I've been meaning to get around to for about a month now!!

14. ResolvableOwl - ConfettiConfettiConfettiConfetti, let's see how far we can nest soap recycling!

14. ResolvableOwl - ConfettiConfettiConfettiConfetti, let's see how far we can nest soap recycling!
15. heartofnebraska - also been procrastinating a confetti soap!

Mine is one and done. I filled a small 6-cavity mold with the excess batter as I didn't bother to recalculate for the confetti!

Note to my former/future self (as well as everyone else experimenting with transparent/glycerin/M&P soap): Don't panic when the base doesn't come out as transparent as hoped straight out of saponification. Give it a day or two, re-melt, and things might become alright by themselves:
mp_transparent.jpg

Soap scraps from a failed lollipop swirl challenge, cut into triangles. I’ve been holding on to these, waiting to figure out what to do with them. Bottom layer has some grated soap “confetti.” And then a few strands of “confetti” near the top.
88723D1C-5C38-48AF-B3B7-A406EB575DCC.jpeg

I don’t know what to make of it, honestly. It was one of those “Let’s do this and see what comes of it.” I really like the triangles and using them gave me an idea for a fun soap design.

Last edited:
Soap scraps from a failed lollipop swirl challenge, cut into triangles. I’ve been holding on to these, waiting to figure out what to do with them. Bottom layer has some grated soap “confetti.” And then a few strands of “confetti” near the top.
View attachment 59178

I don’t know what to make of it, honestly. It was one of those “Let’s do this and see what comes of it.” I really like the triangles and using them gave me an idea for a fun soap design.

Ooh, I see sailing boats in a freak storm! Awesome!

16. Future_Ghost - this will be my first challenge here, and I need to use up some soap scraps so it feels perfect!

View attachment 59178

I LOVE these! I see sail boats as well! 😍 😍

16. Future_Ghost - this will be my first challenge here, and I need to use up some soap scraps so it feels perfect!
17. Mobjack Bay - I’ve gathered up the bits and pieces. Now all I need is an idea…

Mine is a bit of a confetti explosion but also looks a bit like a galaxy. The 'planets' are soap balls scattered randomly throughout the soap with a few on top. Maybe I'll call it Bubble Gum Galaxy or Pink Super Nova.

View attachment 59218
I love it!

@phoenix - love yours too. Will remember this for sailboat themed soap in future!

Back