Intentionally 'skin drying' soap.

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BUT, your bar is 100% coconut, which is very water soluble, and dissolves fairly quickly with use, compared to soaps with lower coconut content. Lard on the other hand, does not dissolve as quickly, and can give you the squeaky clean feeling you're looking for, in a long-lasting, hard bar with good lather.

Thank you for the recommendation. After I try this small batch Shalisk made for me I might try a lard soap.

So hard not to break down and go try this stuff right now but patience is a virtue, or so I'm told. :)

Hi, I'm new!
I keep seeing people recoil in horror at the idea of 100% CO soap, but that is the primary soap I make for myself (usually 5% superfat, just because that seems to be the thing to do). I don't find it harsh, and use it for everything. I have tried adding some other oils, but CO soap is easy to make and it's what I have (although I have tried other oils, with less success)
:)
Arhoun, you may be disappointed with the CO soap if you like laundry detergent and super dry skin. The scratch from the pumice may "help" but I honestly don't find CO that horrific.

Last edited:
To each his own! I can't go over 20% CO without getting all dry and itchy. I made salt bars with a very high superfat and still hated it. Interesting to see how the experiment turns out. I made a laundry soap with 100% CO/0% SF and it cleans great, but is very drying to the skin.

Well I finally tried the 100%76deg-CO/0%-SF soap Shalisk made for me and I love it. Skin's never been this dry before, it's wonderful. I think going for the fractionated CO might be a bit much but I'm loving this stuff. :)

^.^ I am glad you like it. Im not sure about only 10 days cured but..if you like it im happy.

Wow! a bit speechless to see how someone can stand a 100% co soap with 0 SF, but hey i'm totally glad that you finally found what you're looking for :)

Sent from my iPhone using Soap Making

Wow! a bit speechless to see how someone can stand a 100% co soap with 0 SF, but hey i'm totally glad that you finally found what you're looking for :)

Again, surprised....because that is what I usually use, although with 5%SF and it really isn't that awful. Certainly not any sort of endurance test, and I'm not dry or itchy. Maybe it's my water as well or something....

Latest posts

Back