In need of some Prayers

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My 2-1/2 year old granddaughter is being transferred to Children's Hospital. Her platelet count is down to 4. Any spare prayers would be greatly appreciated. I noticed last night her legs were horrifically bruised and told my daughter they had to get her to the doctor.

Last edited:

Serene

Supporting Member
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Carolyn,

My prayers are with you and your family. Hang in there. Here is hoping she is back with you in no time.

Sere.

DeeAnna

Reaction score
Oh dear, Carolyn, that's scary to hear. I will be thinking of your granddaughter and sending healing energy her way.

traderbren

Reaction score
Oh how scary, especially for one so young. Lots of healing thoughts for your family.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is so heartbreaking to hear Carolyn. I'm definitely adding her to my prayer list, as well as the rest of the family. When a child is ill, everyone suffers too.

lsg

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Prayers from me. Please keep us posted.

lenarenee

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Done. So many trials for you family Carolyn, I'm sorry. She's at the top of my prayer list.

Misschief

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll add my prayers, too, Carolyn. I've been on the receiving end a lot in the past couple of years so I'm more than happy to be on the other end. Do keep us informed as you can. What's her name (first name only)?

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thankyou everyone. At least it is not quite as frightening as when the Emergency Room Doctor told them her count was 4, when the kidlet (Pediatrician) came in he told them the count is 4000, but anything below 10,000 is still not good. They are still going to send her to Choc the last time I talked to my daughter. Mom and Dad are very upset to say the least. All week my daughter has griped that she did not get to go to Glamis off-roading, good thing they did not.

Susie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My thoughts and prayer are with her and the whole family!

DeeAnna

Reaction score
Please keep us posted if you feel up to it, Carolyn. I've thought about your granddaughter all evening.....

Arimara

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hearts and prayers for you and yours from me.

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if she has ITP- idiopathic Thrombocytopenic Purpura. I hope that's what she has, actually, because while scary, it's very treatable. My son had it when he was 4 or so. An auto-immune response kicks in and wipes out their platelets so they start bruising like crazy and it can be dangerous if they do anything physically rough. Usually there is a huge presenting bruise and then loads of little red dots called petechiae from capillaries leaking. The treatment is to give an immune globulin IV which helps until their own systems kick in. Can't play sports for a few weeks after but that is manageable. It can be tense waiting for test results to rule out other much worse things. And I'm am truly sending out lots of good wishes that it's not those.

Last edited:

Relle

Administrator & Bunny Fanatic
Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that Carolyn, thinking of you.

Latest posts