In honor of Liz: The Annoyance Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know your teaching style obviously. However, when I was in school, we had one teacher who was very quiet when he spoke. It made you pay attention because you had to in order to get what he was saying. And if he was going to take something, he just did it, as he quietly and patiently kept on talking. Maybe have a box and tell them, "If I catch you texting, I will come around with the box and you will put your phone in it until the end of class. There will be no discussion but there will be detention for arguing." I don't know what the rules are for teacher conduct anymore, but it's small problems like this one that made me not want to be a teacher.

I work with students that have learning disabilities, oppositional defiance, ADHD, conduct disorders and probation officers! I don't have a lot of behavior issues in the classroom usually. They know if they hand their phones over w/o a fight they will get it back but for some of them their 1st instinct is to fight it. I think some of them are so alienated from regular society that their phones are their only link to normalcy.

It is quite sad actually, some of the students that receive free and reduced lunch have new Iphones and Jordans but say they can't afford to buy a notebook or pencils :-(

My biggest pet peeves are political, so I better not state them here. Well, except for one. I hate that people think they can say whatever they want, but then get all bent out of shape when you have a logical, true answer to their tirade.

Oh, and I also really dislike two faced politicians, who say one thing and do another. I dislike that in all people, but especially politicians, since they are making decisions for which I pay the price.

I hereby promise not to say anything more political than that on this forum!!

Ruthie, I dislike dishonesty in general. I also dislike bigotry and hypocrisy.

Moonshea, I am with you about being late. I hate being late myself, so it irks me when others are. Some of my friends are chronically late, so I have learned that 2 pm means at least 2:30 to them and it makes my life a little less stressful.

You know, I sounds like a dislike a lot of things... lol I am often a grumpy Badger ;-)

Misuse of contractions drives me CRAZY. And it's everywhere. :roll:

Your'e spot on with that one! =p ack I can't do it... you're.

It drives me nuts too, as well as the misuse of homophones. I have this posted in my living room (where the kids do their homework)

To: going TO the store. *directional/functional*

Too: Can I go TOO? *also/or excessive {that's TOO much}*

Two: No, only TWO people can fit in the car. *number 2 spelled out*

There: The store is over THERE. *directional*

Their: It's THEIR normal store. *possessive/pertaining to THEM*

They're: I think THEY'RE going to the store. *contraction of they are, apostrophe replaces the missing letter and space*

Your: It can be YOUR store. *possessive/pertaining to YOU*

You're: YOU'RE going to this store. *contraction of you are, apostrophe replaces the missing letter and space*

these are just the ones my kids mix up the most often.. I'm sure I'll have to add more as time goes on lol. I can just hope they pay attention...

Moonshea, I am with you about being late. I hate being late myself, so it irks me when others are. Some of my friends are chronically late, so I have learned that 2 pm means at least 2:30 to them and it makes my life a little less stressful.
Some of my friends run on 'medievalist time'. Where they can be anywhere from 45min to an hour late. And even though I have explained it, they never understand why I am so annoyed. My BF is like me as well, but he takes it way too far. He will fret and argue on the way to the event. Thank goodness he gets car sick, so he will take a nap most times.

All right, I thought of a pet peeve that I can talk about here. It is parents that think their child/children are perfect. Sometimes you can even show them a video of their lil darlings and they still can't believe it. "My child would not do that!" If God's children (inc. me!) are not perfect, who are they to think they can do the impossible?!!

All right, I thought of a pet peeve that I can talk about here. It is parents that think their child/children are perfect. Sometimes you can even show them a video of their lil darlings and they still can't believe it. "My child would not do that!" If God's children (inc. me!) are not perfect, who are they to think they can do the impossible?!!

This. This this this. These are the ones with the worst kids because they won't discipline them. I swear CPS is not going to show up becaus you spanked your kid. Please control your little darlings or they will grow up with no controls on behavior an no respect for anyone else.

Shannon_m--My husband and I play a game when we travel--"Spot the Grammatical Errors". Billboards are great ones. Between the homophone misuse and contraction misuse, we both end up in half-twitching fits. HAHAHA :)

I am constantly amazed by the number of companies who don't properly proofread their ad materials.

One of my biggest pet peeves is disorganization! I understand that there are different levels to this comment but what I'm talking about is asking someone for help or to locate something you need and they spend your precious time trying to find it or remember where they put it. There is a difference between being a disorganized genius and a lazy

Aso, people who are late drive me bananas!!!! Finally, my doggies following me around all day long like little duckies stomp on my last nerve. They are cute but I can't turn around without tripping on them :)

Finally, my doggies following me around all day long like little duckies stomp on my last nerve. They are cute but I can't turn around without tripping on them :)

My dog is the same. I'm hustling around to get things done and everytime I turn around he's right in the way. I've come to the conclusion that it's God's way of telling me to slow down. :mrgreen:

Love that dog!

The thing that really annoys me is someone chewing gum that is taking care of me. Like a cashier or customer service person. This is so unprofessional and I don't understand why it's allowed.

I tend to have a lot of pet peeves, I'm not a people person lol. No I really am sometimes I like to be left alone. There are a lot of people that always need to be around someone else to do stuff. I was never that girl I'm perfectly content with myself. Sooooo that being said, I hate it when I go on break at work and sit down to read and eat and it's "what are you eating" "what book is that" "it's it good" "well what's it about" and then they precede to tell me about their day as if I wasn't already doing something. Then if I tell them I'm reading and would like to continue they look at me like I offended them. *sigh* I can't win.

I had a whole list of annoyances in my head today as I drove out to a small town and back today. Where to begin? How about getting stopped not once, but twice by trains on the way there. Then getting stopped at every possible street light (with no traffic going through!!). Then the person riding a moped at 20 miles per hour in a 45 lane that you can't pass....ohhhhh then there was the tractor on my way home....hmm...I feel better already :)

I have to drive 2 towns over to get my goat's milk, and you can be sure there will be a farmer on his tractor puttering down the highway. Two lanes and no shoulders!! I hate that road!

My biggest pet peeve in life and yes this annoys me more than anything else in the entire world... chewing with your mouth open. My mom's biggest pet peeve was mouth noises and I guess she either got after me and my dad (and the dog too... yes she yelled at the dog for smacking, however it was most annoying) so much that I took it on as my own, or I just inherited it lol. I get after my kids for chewing with their mouths open, especially if whatever they're eating is crunchy. I usually don't have to tell my girls (ages 5 and 6) too often, it's my son (age 10 btw) who is THE WORST!!! Every single meal, snack, whatever I have to tell him to stop smacking. It's so obnoxious!!!! I see grown adults in restaurants chewing with their mouths open, it is so disgusting I can't even stand it. I'm also a HUGE fan of Big Brother (TV show, US version) like beyond nerdy huge fan and maybe it's just the microphone they have to wear all the time, but at least half the house guests chew with their mouths open. I have to mute the TV at those moments, if it's continual.

Ok is that a good one? lol it's the best I have.

My step-father has to be THE noisiest eater I've ever known. He smack, smack, smacks his way through whatever he's eating....THEN he scrape, clank, scrape, clanks his bowl/plate ABSOLUTELY clean. The whole time he's scraping, I want to yell "There IS more in the kitchen you know!"

Since I saw one today. And this thread popped up in my notifications again............Small bars of HP soap, for sale in a shop. Completely mislabeled and with DOS. Nice! It really is annoying since my soaps look WAY better. And I know they have a great shelf life for the recipes that I have properly tested for shelf life length. And I have even done up labels for the bars I am going to give my sis when we go with her on vacation. I just don't sell right now. But if I ever do. I will know what NOT to do because it makes your work look so shabby and way sub-par. Ugh!

A thunderstorm is going to annoy me today, I wanted to work outside..

Back