The Great Soaping Disaster of March 2019

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@KiwiMoose - first - great new picture!

Second - you kill me with your "fails" - I should fail so bad!

Can you describe how you did that? It sounds like you layered the black and ivory in a pitcher and then??? Is the picture in #11 the soap in #1 cut?

I assume you worked at light trace? Need to know MORE! So I can make my half-a$$ed attempt at replication!
Thank you - that’s Maggie with me in my new profile pic.
So get yer black in one pitcher and yer white in the other (you can do this with 4 or 5 different colours if you want). In a large pitcher (big enough to fit the whole batch combined) you pour one colour gentle down the side, so you have a small circle of colour at the bottom about 3 inches diameter. Then alternate with another colour, down the side of the pitcher into the centre of the previous colour.
The circle of colour will get bigger and bigger as each other colour is poured inside it.
Repeat, alternating colours until all your colours are used up (maybe save a scoop or two for the top?).
To pour, tip the batter slowly up and down along the length of the mould until it’s all used up. As it pours, it makes those swirls.
Use your little bits of leftover colour to decorate the top. In this case I chose to put white all down one side and black down the other, then swirled with a kebab stick (be careful not to push the kebab stick for than about 5mm into the surface or you will ruin the swirl beneath).

I have nothing more to say but I HATE YOU how can you turn a spillage into a success. I spilt nearly an entire batch and it took about 2 hours to fully clean up the mess :mad: you spill and make it into a masterpiece thats just not fair and i feel the salt in the wound from your clear gloating ;) I am only joking btw i just dislike you now :p

I hope he trains you dog to nibble on your feet at night as punishment ;)
We have two dogs - Maggie on the profile photo is 'his' dog. So if he trains her to do that, then I will train Molly - 'my' dog to do it to him:p
fullsizeoutput_308f.jpeg

Anyhoo - pretty happy with the soap. I did a similar one a couple months back, but I prefer the swirl on this one. Layered the two colour one after the other repeatedly into a separate jug, then poured up and down.
View attachment 37713
Congratulations! How long before we know if it’s a girl or boy? (Sorry...Medical humor is an occupational hazard.) It’s a beautiful “disaster” as I knew it would be.

I love your fur babies! They're gorgeous dogs. Wow, you sure reacted quickly to the mishap and your soap turned out great! Thanks for sharing this. I would be totally freaking out myself and probably would have ended up making even more of a mess. I panic during a disaster! LOL

Back