In honor of Liz: The Annoyance Thread

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband has to eat a bowl of Cheerios every morning for breakfast And he slurps his cereal. Majorly loud. He knows it bugs me but he does it anyway. It's "just the way he is" !

People on their phones constantly. Especially driving - I don't get it. What's so important that you can't wait until you get home to call them? My sister used to call me when she was on her nightly commute just to shoot the stuff for 45 minutes. Um, no, I'm busy.

And with that, people who open their phones in a dark movie theater. Yes, even if it's just for a few minutes, it's distracting as hell and it hurts some people's eyes. If you want to check the time, wear a watch, or better yet, just assume you will be there until XX time. It's not hard to look at the next time the movie starts and assuming you'll get out 30-45 minutes before that. Want to call someone or check a text? Get up and go outside to the lobby. Don't make all of us behind you immediately focus on your itty bitty super bright screen instead of the movie that we each paid $20+ to see.

This will upset some, but one of my pet peeves is people who get upset that they got stuck behind a tractor on a two lane road and complain about how it slowed them down. If you choose to live in a rural area then you should expect to see tractors on the road!

I love all of the "eating" pet peeves!
My HUGE, HUGE, HUGE pet peeve is people (notably, my husband) that lick their fingers when eating chicken wings. Seriously...ALL TEN!!! We were out with my girlfriends one night and one said, "here, I have another napkin if you need one."....He seems to think that this is okay. "It is what you do when you eat wings"....AH, NO....
On another note, my SIL smacks when she eats. Even my kids notice this. REALLY? What is wrong with you that you can't eat correctly? Close your mouth and chew your food. Then there is my BIL that thinks eating is a competition. Yes sir...you won,,,you ate dinner the fastest, do you think it would be an inconvenience to stick around while we passed the rest of the food? OH NOOOO...we would be interrupting the afternoon nap... Gotta love Thanksgiving at my house!

I love all of the "eating" pet peeves!
My HUGE, HUGE, HUGE pet peeve is people (notably, my husband) that lick their fingers when eating chicken wings. Seriously...ALL TEN!!! We were out with my girlfriends one night and one said, "here, I have another napkin if you need one."....He seems to think that this is okay. "It is what you do when you eat wings"....AH, NO....
On another note, my SIL smacks when she eats. Even my kids notice this. REALLY? What is wrong with you that you can't eat correctly? Close your mouth and chew your food. Then there is my BIL that thinks eating is a competition. Yes sir...you won,,,you ate dinner the fastest, do you think it would be an inconvenience to stick around while we passed the rest of the food? OH NOOOO...we would be interrupting the afternoon nap... Gotta love Thanksgiving at my house!

Hahaha! That reminds me of my favorite movie. Chevy Chase Christmas vacation.......the Christmas dinner scene. The cousin is Hilarious!

Just clicked back on this thread and LOL!
I have to admit that I used to be known for ALWAYS being late...now I put all my appointment/meeting/etc. times in for 45 minutes before the "real" time. Works like a charm :)
I have a huge pet-peeve that is job specific: People who use the ER as their own personal clinic and then get dramatic. You drove yourself to the ER for a sinus headache/nausea/random minor complaint AND walked in under your own steam, but now you are in far too much pain to move from your stretcher to my CT table? This is esp. frustrating when I have to move someone who outweighs me by 2-3 times!! Or the people who claim to have the worst headache of their lives whom I have to ask to stop playing on their cellphone long enough to scan them...or the patients who rate their abdominal pain as 10 on a scale of 1-10 who arrive in my suite munching on the bag of Doritos that their family/friends snuck in for them!!!
Don't get me wrong; for the most part I love my job, and the reason I keep doing it is for the patients who actually need me...there is nothing so sweet as having a patient or family member thank you for taking the time to listen and care about them when they need our help.
I like my paycheck, but I SOOOO wouldn't be able to put up with the random idiots if I didn't have the occasional patient call me an "angel"....everytime I think I can't do this sh*t anymore, I get reminded that I make a difference. So far, that's good enough for me :)

People on their phones constantly. Especially driving - I don't get it. What's so important that you can't wait until you get home to call them? My sister used to call me when she was on her nightly commute just to shoot the stuff for 45 minutes. Um, no, I'm busy.

Hear hear. I decided to cancel my cell phone subscription over a year ago.
When I'm out, I'm actually doing things and don't want to be bothered.
And I think it's so rude to discuss private things in public, or even at the cash register while not saying a thing to the cashier :eh:

People don't even seem to be able to grasp there's life beyond being available 24/7.
:p At least 6 people offered me to pay my bill cause they thought I was in some kind of financial trouble!

Hear hear. I decided to cancel my cell phone subscription over a year ago.
When I'm out, I'm actually doing things and don't want to be bothered.
And I think it's so rude to discuss private things in public, or even at the cash register while not saying a thing to the cashier :eh:

People don't even seem to be able to grasp there's life beyond being available 24/7.
:p At least 6 people offered me to pay my bill cause they thought I was in some kind of financial trouble!

I just now called someone to do a prescreen for a job interview and she put me on hold while she checked in at her doctor's office, then she came back and was like "who is this?" I'm the hiring person at the job you wanted, sweetie, maybe don't answer the phone if you're going to be busy just then.

cerelife, wow! That is crazy, lol. I am sure that you truly are a big help to the people that REALLy need your help.

I ran across one of my peeves today while at the zoo. Today is my oldests 14th birthday, so we have a few kids out for a fun time. At the café there came a mother with 2 kids that were rather hyperactive. She is feeding them big red snow cones and yelling for her man to "GET A SWITCH!!!" Uhm......maybe ditch the sugar and red dye! Sigh!

Oh and there was the dad that was cool with his toddler dropping drawers to take a pee by the café. :-o Don't know that I have seen that enough for it to be a peeve.......but I was like, a-what??!!

Back