I want a challenge...

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenneelk

Reaction score
I want to soap but I've been soaping a lot lately, like 12 batches the last 20 days or so based on my notes, and I want a challenge.

Trying to think of something out of the ordinary to do. I did a heat transfer last night at 10 pm but it turned out super easy.

And I already have done lots of colors in the past but maybe something that direction? Like a new design? IDK.. need something! LOL

I did try a 5 color in the pot a long while back and I wasn't patient enough back then so it wasn't a good turn out. I've thought of maybe doing that.
Just posting in case someone has a good idea to throw out there. :)

That sounds hard hahaha! I would end up having to HP and I hate to do that. Is there even a way to work around a cranky FO? Like one you know moves fast and such? I try to never use them and avoid like the plague. Figure there has to be another option that a cranky scent since there are so many out there. lol Do you just use more water for them when you know?

Last edited:
How about trying to make the mushroom scene in your avatar? It looks doable for soap. A few colors mixed in the bottom, a stalk and cap, and a background color. Doesn't have to be exact in color or form. Did you take that pic? It is awesome!

In a couple other threads you asked about where the elephant soap was posted but I didn't respond because I didn't want to sidetrack someone else's topic. Now that it's your thread -- about you're seeking creative inspiration -- check out:
http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=42873 and http://www.soapmakingforum.com/showthread.php?t=39636

Oh yes I'll check it out! I've been wondering about it.
And the avatar copy would def be a challenge.. So basically when I cut each piece you would see that?
I've seen people do stuff like that but I'm so not an artist. I'll see about trying it and working on something. Thanks. :)

Do an embed...within an embed, lol! Or a column swirl with multiple columns of different shapes

Do a CP jasmine at about 110 degrees using yellow dye from michaels....I promise you it will be a 'fun and interesting challange' to keep it from seizing :p

an imbed within another sound intriguing! I'll def. remember that idea. :) My columns always seem to end up the same regardless of the shape (i've use a round and square) so I never even use them anymore. Believe the square isn't supposed to go over the corners but mine always so. Which I guess makes it like a circle right? lol

And Carabou.. I remember the elephant! That was fabulous. I could never get that.. that's not a challenge, its unattainable! :clap:

I'll be looking over that other page tomorrow though, fun stuff it looks like.

Lmao. That sounds like instant soap on a stick. I used the yellow dye from michaels when I first started and yep...not so spectacular

I've been wanting to try a column swirl in a loaf mold using a very thin column to increase the surface area inside the mold...and perhaps using a column made out of soap so I could just leave it in there as an embed. Unfortunately I'm down to the last of my dyes and it'll be at least a week before I can order more :(

That sounds hard hahaha! I would end up having to HP and I hate to do that. Is there even a way to work around a cranky FO? Like one you know moves fast and such? I try to never use them and avoid like the plague. Figure there has to be another option that a cranky scent since there are so many out there. lol Do you just use more water for them when you know?

I did 2 batches with cranky fo that likes to rice and seperate. I use full liquid and stick blend for a little while stop and stir then let it rest a few minutes then repeat the process until it decides to stay together and not seperate.

3rd & 4th batch accelerated quickly so could not play with much color

I've been wanting to try a column swirl in a loaf mold using a very thin column to increase the surface area inside the mold...and perhaps using a column made out of soap so I could just leave it in there as an embed. Unfortunately I'm down to the last of my dyes and it'll be at least a week before I can order more :(

When I do a column pour, I actually skip the column itself because I hate to waste the batter that is lost on the column. Instead, I tape 2 pieces of string on the diagonal, so I get an X to mark the middle of the mold. Then I use that point to pour. The only thing is to make sure that the string won't shed fibers into the soap.

I have something for you. I recently got a couple dart frogs and have been thinking about making a "frog" soap but I don't have the patience or skill to work with so many colors or to make bubble shapes. Maybe you'd want to try?

cobalt-dart-frog2.jpg

How did you get hold of those little guys? I thought they were restricted to own because there isn't a way to make them non-venemous. They're really cool btw.

They are non toxic in captivity. Its the insects the eat in the wild that causes the toxicity. They are very common pets and can be bought from multiple website. Mine came from my mom who breeds them.
The ones in the pictures are mine, I grabbed that pic of google. I haven't been able to get decent pictures of mine yet but I need to so I can get a positive sub species ID.

Have you tried the Soleseife soap that Paillo posted about recently? I love the results of that soap, and it is very different than a regular salt bar. David Fisher has an article on making them. Or another one of my favorites Beer Soap, that one will take some waiting for the beer to go flat though.

Latest posts

Back