I swear

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And......I won't be using ziplock bags anymore with my decorating tips. It worked out great at first, but now that I am putting so much soap into the bags I am getting holes in the bags and it is oozing out. I am not sure if it is because the soap was getting too hot or if my fingernails weakened the bags because I was squeezing the bag so tightly. I will be investing in vinyl bags to decorate with in the future. I normally wear gloves but of course this time I didn't because I figured I have the ziplock bag so it is all good. Well, I had sewn some stuff the other day and of course stuck myself several times with my pins. When that soap frosting hit that thumb, trust me I was hopping....lol! Lesson learned the hard way.... Always wear gloves and use a proper decorating bag.

Everything looks fantastic! You can buy disposable frosting bags. I got mine at WalMart - cheap and easy to use.... you just cut a hole into the end to fit your tip.

Thank you. I am really having a lot of fun making soap.

This is an inside view of my jasmine soap cake. I added too much green coloring, but it didn't turn out as bad as I thought it might. Today I made castile soap, scented it with Lavender FO and colored it with violet ultramarine. I have it wrapped up now so it will gel.

Inside look at jasmine soap cake 001.JPG

I was so excited I received my wooden mold today. I didn't put my castile soap in it as I figured it would probably have to stay in a mold for a couple days before I could even unmold and cut it. And......I need to go get some butcher paper to line it. I didn't know it came with a lid and to me that is a bonus. So now after I pour my soaps and stick them in a box to gel, I can put the towel inside the box covering the mold instead of wrapping the cardboard box with the towel. Plus I received some free samples: tussah silk (not sure what I will do with that), grapefruit peel.....exfolient maybe?, lemongrass EO, and beeswax. So now I have a few things to experiment with.

That blue and white is also amazing, it just came out perfect. I look at these and think my soaps are bor-ing! Most exciting thing I've done is crinkle cut. :lol:

Gorgeous soap! Loving that blue!

Tussah Silk is amazing in soap. Cut a small chunk and add it to your lye water to dissolve. Stir it well a couple of times to get it dissolved into the lye solution. Once you've used soap with the silk, you will never go back....

Maythorn said:
That blue and white is also amazing, it just came out perfect. I look at these and think my soaps are bor-ing! Most exciting thing I've done is crinkle cut. :lol:

Thank you. I was able to get that swirl affect just using a spoon scooping and twisting it thru the layers of the soap. I watched videos of ppl using hangers and other strange objects. I think I will stick with the spoon.

Lindy said:
Gorgeous soap! Loving that blue!

Tussah Silk is amazing in soap. Cut a small chunk and add it to your lye water to dissolve. Stir it well a couple of times to get it dissolved into the lye solution. Once you've used soap with the silk, you will never go back....

Thank you. It looks like I will have enough of the sample to make at least 4 batches of soap. Does the silk cause the soap to trace faster or seize up? Should I soap at a cooler temp? Here lately I have been soaping at about 85 to 95 degrees. Once my lye solution has cooled down I recheck my oil temp and either heat up my oils or put it in an sinkful of icewater so the temps will match. The lavender castile soap I made yesterday I soaped at 85 degrees.....mainly because I was knitting and forgot about checking the temps of my lye and oils...lol!

Latest posts

Back