Hello soap world!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello fellow soapmakers!

My first post after making my first three small batches. I make tallow balm and have lots of beef tallow so I figured I'd give soap making a try!

My recipes are 100% tallow first batch was unscented to keep it simple and it turned out great. Second batch was made with peppermint eo and it also turned out great! Third I used rosemary and bergamot eo with a teaspoon of honey to help with bubbles (still waiting to unmold this batch)

I have very sensitive skin and after years of over the counter lotions and soap I've decided to embark on a mission of creating my own natural skin products using beef tallow. My balms are amazing and so nourishing. Took me months to perfect. So now I've decided to do the same with soap. Soap making is a whole new world wow!

I'm trying to keep my recipes simple and as natural as possible. Would like to use FO but am afraid of having reactions. EOs are so expensive and if I decide to sell my soap I'm concerned of the cost.

Sorry for the long post. I'm excited for this new journey and learning much from you all and this forum!
Welcome aboard! so much to learn and you have come to the right place for that!

Back