I swear

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I read somewhere that chicken fat is not very pleasant in soap. But there's only one way to find out for sure!

I don't know if I want to find out how chicken fat turns out in soap. I haven't even made soap with lard yet. I found a basic recipe and have stuck to it like glue. I like the suds and how it cleans, so I figure it works for me. But now that I have been on this forum I see that there are so many other ingredients to add to soap. So eventually I will wander into the unknown realm and try them.

Lovely cakes! I am a sucker for soap cakes and cupcakes. You need to include in your title the soap pics, I just read a few responses and almost didn't scroll down. I almost missed out!

Pomace olive oil and regular olive oil are completely different from one another, and they can't be substituted without tweaks to the recipe.

I tried recently. It was disaster! I usually use regualr olive. When I used pomace I got soap on a stick, because it traces sooooooo much faster.

I had never witnessed soap on a stick quite like that before. I was like a soap brick!

Your soap cakes are certainly works of art. They look so much like "real food" that I think you could give them as "gifts" to "enemies"...and forget to mention they are soap :twisted: Did I just say that out loud? :shock:

Alchemy&Ashes said:
Your soap cakes are certainly works of art. They look so much like "real food" that I think you could give them as "gifts" to "enemies"...and forget to mention they are soap :twisted: Did I just say that out loud? :shock:

LOL!
Those cakes look amazing. I suck with a piping bag so I couldn't do them. I have tried and have had so many epic fails I just surrendered. :)

In a pinch, if you have a Sam's club membership- their Grade A Olive Oil works well and around me pretty cheap.

Alchemy&Ashes said:

I was planning on putting the slices of cake onto plates that I pick up at the local thrift store. Wrapping them up and giving them as gifts. They aren't finished curing so it will be a while before I do that.

Stinkydancer said:
Alchemy&Ashes said:

LOL!
Those cakes look amazing. I suck with a piping bag so I couldn't do them. I have tried and have had so many epic fails I just surrendered. :)

In a pinch, if you have a Sam's club membership- their Grade A Olive Oil works well and around me pretty cheap.

Thanks, but I order my oils from soapers choice now. I get it quick and it is exactly what I want. I watched a lot of you tube videos about how to pipe frosting in order to be able to pipe soap. I would like to try to pipe roses next they seem rather tough, but I will try and post my results...lol!

I made a batch of cupcake bottoms today using my basic recipe. I added my new FO Amazingly Grace at thin trace and my mixture turned a bright yellow. So it doesn't look like I am going to be able to "frost" them with a white frosting...lol! It will look more like parkay.

I made the soap "frosting" for my cupcake bottoms today. I used 1/2 the amount of FO and used some TD and although it still turned yellow it wasn't like the previous batch. I tried my hand at making soap roses with decorator tips and that didn't go so well. I only have the small tip for making a rose and it was difficult to say the least. I am going to keep my eyes open for a larger rose tip and a larger nail...(the nail was rather small and once I got to doing 5 petals I was out of space).

I used White Cranberry FO and it turned my batch yellow as well. When I'm frosting my cupcakes I don't add any Fragrance to them so the colours do what they are supposed to do, well most of the time :lol:

[attachment=0:1ncd0r03]IMG_1259.JPG[/attachment:1ncd0r03]

Attachments

• IMG_1259.JPG
    IMG_1259.JPG
    167.4 KB · Views: 118
They look great! I don't think I would want them to be huge personally because at that size they are going to fit perfectly on a bar....

This is my soap cake scented with Jasmine FO. The inside soap is a green and I will post a pic once I am able to cut into bars to show that.

Lindy, I want to make my roses just a bit bigger. It was difficult to push that tiny amount of soap thru the decorator tips to make the tiny roses. I think I will have better luck with a bigger tip.

Jasmine Soap 004.JPG

Latest posts

Back