i made ugly soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

honor435

Reaction score
I wanted black swirls, ended up ,not so many swirls and a grayish purple, not black!n Oh well, it smells good(black canyon-peak) I used liquid oxide, then added more black powder oxide, anyone have good success with black swirls?
ok, now it looks like partial gel also! Might have to be in the "fugly" contest.

the only black I have seen is in that video on youtube with the woman doing in the pot swirling.. she does Black Raspberry Vanilla for the scent so she does black, red and white swirls (white is just the regular soap base) but I don't know what she uses for color... but maybe you can hp and try to re-swirl with more black in part of it

Ive had the same prob honor.Black oxide,then not wanting to add too much more for fear of grey suds.Looks ok but not spectacular kwim.Going to try aussie black clay.

The only way I can get true black is with charcoal and making sure the soap gelled. I haven't had much luck using black oxides.

Ok, I unmolded it it looks fine, although it is not really black, but rather a very, very dark grey.
Anyway, this is not a god idea, since the lather is black! Yuck! It won't stain the skin, but I don't think I'll be able to find a lot of people around willing to take a bath with black bubbles...

:(

Sorry you didn't achieve the results you were wanting. I once made soap with cocoa powder that produced brown bubbles :cry: Too bad.....it was great soap. Turned the washcloth brown so I told everyone to use it only for hand soap.

Just got some black mica from TKB but now am a little leery to use it.

Latest posts

Back