I made aliens!

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eargirly

Reaction score
So, my sister and I have been making soaps like mad. We are going to be able to get into a craft show in the beginning of December and it will be our first! I am so overwhelmed and nervous. Anyway....we made a batch of bamboo/sugar cane soap and when I cut it, I happened to cut at just the right place and it looks like two aliens!

I am going to try and attach a pic. Okay.....I apparently don't know how to attach a pic. So here is a link to the picasa file. :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/eargirly/Ma ... 8593209538

Here is a link for the Eggnog/nutmeg soap we made. It looks like a candybar! NOMMY!

http://picasaweb.google.com/eargirly/Ma ... 6832655842

Cross your fingers that we get all this stuff done before the craft show! ACK!

~ear

Love the alien!!! How did you get the layers on your eggnog/nutmeg? That is cool!

Good luck!

Yes they are aliens

Yes they are definately aliens.
I can't say that they are the same ones who landed in my yard last full moon but look like first cousins at least.
Hey maybe you could sell them on Ebay as miracle soap and get enough for them to buy a life times soap making supplies.
:lol: :lol:

SimplyE said:
Love the alien!!! How did you get the layers on your eggnog/nutmeg? That is cool!

Good luck!

Wish I could tell you that the eggnog/nutmeg was a fantastic new thing I made up...but, I can't. I made it last weekend and just cut it this morning. I am assuming the outside has just gotten darker having had contact with air, and the middle will darken now that it has gotten the exposure as well. Too bad it wasn't an earth shattering new technique!~ :)

And thanks for the kind words everyone! My sister and I are so excited to get to actually try and sell some of our works! Your encouragement means a lot to us.

~ear

Nice job on both of those soaps! I checked out the other pictures of your soaps as well and they all look great. I'll bet you and your sister really enjoy doing this together. Best of luck on your show!

Lindy

Ear, how do you get the nice waves on the soap top? I can never seem to do it. The cut edges will probably darken too. I had another sent (I think it was butterscotch snickerdoodle) do the same thing. They look great.

pinkduchon said:
Ear, how do you get the nice waves on the soap top? I can never seem to do it. The cut edges will probably darken too. I had another sent (I think it was butterscotch snickerdoodle) do the same thing. They look great.

For the patterns on the top of the flat, I wait until the soap starts to thicken in the mold some and then take a silicone spatula and just swirl it along the top. Sometimes I move in a figure eight motion, sometimes in little waves or whatever I am feeling at the time. It's just kind of like icing a cake....gotta use a light touch when it is just thick enough to be a bit stiff so they hold. I can't think of a way to better describe it! lol I hope that helps some though :)

~ear

Latest posts

Back