How to long lasting the fragrance

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fanny_jLL

Reaction score
Hi all..recently i took my 8mos soap and it smelled zero..haha the fragrance has gone.. i put it on open tray in a room..anyone gives me a clue how to prevent the fragrance disappear?i used a fo from usa/canada i guess but the fo i used is all from good brand..

What scent did you use and how much did you put in ? Some scents will fade after a certain amount of time no matter what you do.

Where are you purchasing your FO's? As Relle stated, some will fade no matter what. Citrus scents are well known for that. Also, how much are you using?

I suggest reading the reviews for fragrance oil before purchasing. That will give you some idea of how long lasting and how it will work in cp soap.

Have you tried using the soap? Sometimes the fragrance will "bloom" when the soap is wet (some folks call that "wet throw", I think). Also, sometimes if you get past the first outer layer of soap, the soap underneath will have fragrance.

some things that might help are to wrap your soap at 4-8 weeks old, store the soap in a closed but not air-tight container (such as a cardboard box). somebody on here puts some of the fragrance in the soap on a cotton ball in the box with the soap, she says it helps to boost the scent.

Back