How does your skin FEEL?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My hands are worse now than they ever were and it's all my soaps fault.

Well it is because I keep glumping them about in the fresh soap as I'm pouring. I really should use gloves. :roll:

Ganiggle said:
I would never ever go back to store bought soap ever again. A few months ago I stopped using shampoo as well. I now use baking soda and then rinse with apple cider vinegar, and my hair has never felt cleaner or healthier.

My experiences have convinced me that most commercial personal hygiene products do more harm than good!

Ganiggle, that is interesting. Did your hair go through a phase of shampoo withdrawl and go nasty before it adapted to what you use now?

x

:roll: i also suffer from hyper-sensitive skin and now at 53 and going thru the big "M", my skin is getting very dry.

i've increased the superfat in my soaps and take flax and evening primrose oil suppements-which help.

the most amazing thing that i have recently found is a macadamia nut oil that mixes completely in water, leaves no slimey tub residue and my skin is so incredibly soft and silky for days!

1 tbsp macadamia PEG-16 (any more and you're just wasting it!)
1 can condensed (canned) milk
lavender or rose geranium oil

you can get this at most B & B suppliers-i get mine at www.ellensessentials.com or www.suppliesbystar.com

you've got to try this-it's the "best find" i've come accross in years!

you can incorporate this in bath tablets and all sorts of bath essentials. :D

Soap_for_breakfast said:
Ganiggle said:
I would never ever go back to store bought soap ever again. A few months ago I stopped using shampoo as well. I now use baking soda and then rinse with apple cider vinegar, and my hair has never felt cleaner or healthier.

My experiences have convinced me that most commercial personal hygiene products do more harm than good!

Ganiggle, that is interesting. Did your hair go through a phase of shampoo withdrawl and go nasty before it adapted to what you use now?

It did go through an icky phase where my hair was all greasy and nasty. That lasted about 3 weeks (3 weeks of hat wearing for me!) and then my hair adjusted and it's been awesome ever since. I've never seen my hair so shiny and light and healthy looking. It's been growing faster too, which is a bonus!

Ganiggle, that is so reassuring!

My hair is in such a state right now after using my shampoo bar I made. I haven't used normal shampoo in almost a week and feel really bad to the point of seeking out electric razors. So now I have to decide, do I wait 3 weeks or just shave it all off hmmm....... My hair is way past my shoulders now.

Soap_for_breakfast said:

My hair is in such a state right now after using my shampoo bar I made. I haven't used normal shampoo in almost a week and feel really bad to the point of seeking out electric razors. So now I have to decide, do I wait 3 weeks or just shave it all off hmmm....... My hair is way past my shoulders now.

I highly recommend a vinegar rinse the first few times you use your shampoo bar. It calmed my hair down. Also I switched shampoo bars and actually bought one (wild mane from dreamseeds organics). I think this one had less coconut oil in it and more conditioning properties. That helped a lot. Then I do the vinegar rinse once a week. I'm just starting my 3rd week of the shampoo bar. My hair is past my shoulders too. My hair feels more natural too. Not so coated. Hang in there!

Soap_for_breakfast said:

Hang in there! LOL I was tempted to shave my head too. I was also starting to seriously crave shampoo.

gekko62 said:
TessV said:
That said, I oil cleanse about 6 days a week, don't use soap on my face every day, which works well for my skin. .

Hi Tess

How do you do this?? I'm thinking damp face,then wipe off?
I do use a gorgeous oil blend for moisturising morning n nite..soaks right in.No OO in it tho,too heavy for a leave on for me :)

Lisa

I apply a thin coat of my oil blend to my skin (usually just after my shower), let it sit for a couple minutes, then use a warm wet washcloth to remove the oil. A lot of the OCM sites say to drape a warm washcloth over your face, but I skip that and just gently remove the oil.

After the washcloth,a good rinse, and then a dabbing with the towel to mostly dry my skin, a couple drops of the blend go one as a moisturizer, paying extra attention to my dry areas.

Milla said:
Soap_for_breakfast said:

I highly recommend a vinegar rinse the first few times you use your shampoo bar. It calmed my hair down. Also I switched shampoo bars and actually bought one (wild mane from dreamseeds organics). I think this one had less coconut oil in it and more conditioning properties. That helped a lot. Then I do the vinegar rinse once a week. I'm just starting my 3rd week of the shampoo bar. My hair is past my shoulders too. My hair feels more natural too. Not so coated. Hang in there!

Too late, it's gone :) I must say, I do feel slightly liberated. My hair was is such a state, when it touched my cheek It put me off my food. I figured that by shaving it all off will mean a fresh start for my hair and scalp. No more store bought shampoo from now on. A wig is on it's way :D

Latest posts

Back