How do you personally add yogurt/milk into Soapmaker 3?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Saltwater Scented

Reaction score
I'm tinkering around with the program and there's really no place to enter the yogurt or milk unless you drop it in as a new Misc ingredient and then enter it into the recipe in additives.

Since I'm adding the yogurt into the oils prior to blending with the lye water (and substituting half the water for the yogurt going into the batched oils) does it matter where it goes? Would you stick it into the oils column as a new oil or just enter it somewhere else?

I don't want to start dropping in 50 recipes and find out folks have found better ways to use the program.

I have an additive group called 'Liquids' that all my additives that need to be removed from total liquid amount goes into. This way I remember to tick the box that calculates it as part of the liquid box.

I only use it in HP as an emulsifier after saponification is complete, so I don't factor it in. At the end, I let the mixture thicken a little with the lid off, then stir it in just before scooping. Pretty much as you would do when making a curry!

Thanks y'all. I added it under additives as liquid since that makes a nice little catch all for adding in things like pureed cucumber or vegan nut milk types.

Latest posts

Back