How much soap do my FAs make? Mold hold?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zany_in_CO

Saponifier
Reaction score
How much soap does my mold hold based on weight of oils, fats, butters used?

To figure the amount of soap I end up with based on the weight of oils/fats, I use a factor of 1.37:
60 oz X 1.37 = 82 oz. soap (approx.)

To calculate the amount of soap my mold holds, I use
Summer Bee Meadows Calculator and Recipe Resizer

First calculate water and NaOH for 60 oz. of oils.
The result appears on the next page.
Scroll down to where you see resize your batch based on the size of your mold.
Enter the Length, Width and Height of your mold and hit calculate to get the amount of soap your mold holds.
There you have it.

PS: Can you tell I'm not only math-challenged but a bit of a lazy-daisy as well? :nodding:

Awesome resource :) I am in the midst of recalculating all of my soap formulations at the moment in preparation for scaling up. Have already run numbers through Soap Calc to make sure my lye / water concentration is correct, and will likely run it through another lye calculator to make sure there aren't any anomalies.

Question: when I visit their page - Summer Bee Meadows - I don't see a link to the actual re-sizer, only what seems to be a lye calculator. Am I missing something, or does a link to the re-sizer only show after you've calculated a soap formulation?

How much soap does my mold hold based on weight of oils, fats, butters used?

To figure the amount of soap I end up with based on the weight of oils/fats, I use a factor of 1.37:
60 oz X 1.37 = 82 oz. soap (approx.)

To calculate the amount of soap my mold holds, I use
Summer Bee Meadows Calculator and Recipe Resizer

First calculate water and NaOH for 60 oz. of oils.
The result appears on the next page.
Scroll down to where you see resize your batch based on the size of your mold.
Enter the Length, Width and Height of your mold and hit calculate to get the amount of soap your mold holds.
There you have it.

PS: Can you tell I'm not only math-challenged but a bit of a lazy-daisy as well? :nodding:
I have been wondering about how to figure this out! Thank you!

Latest posts

Back