How do you get this look?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Naiad makes some awesome soaps- they aren't whipped. It's just thick trace fooled around with...probably with a whisk. :)

Could you use freezer paper and not fold it in the crack? The top is done with a wisk at thick trace but I assume you want the rounded bottom. I have gotten a rounded look when I haven't folded my freezer paper very well. HTH.

EZ_Girl said:
It looks awesome! I just made my first batch of CP and had so much fun. My friends already ligned up to get a bar from me in 4 weeks, so I'm thinking to make another batch.
How much mica would you use let say for a standard loaf? (32 oz I guess)

It doesn't take very much at all, just a dusting so you can buy the smallest available size. Another thing you can do is use pantyhose to filter it for the dusting. Just cut a piece and secure it tightly to the top of the container and then dust it on. Cocoa Powder also works really nicely again through a piece of nylon and again very lightly dusted, just enough to add some colour.

OK.. i finally got around to the moldless loaf. It worked out well but please remember this is only a test.. :oops:
soapexperiment12.jpg
[/img]

first i had no problem getting it to support itself. I let it get to a thick trace and the put it in a bag. Then i let it sit a bit longer to firm up a little more. What i did realize is that the piping bag should have had a much bigger hole in it. The Blue soap only had 2 layers.
soapexperiment11.jpg
[/img]
I really like the process and will try it again.

lol, i like it! it kinda made me thing Intestines at first but it also looks like really wavy candy. i love that you did this! :D

Hind sight... might not have been a great color choice. At least i didn't make it straight vanilla :lol:

Very pretty soaps here!

The one you're asking about looks like she didn't bring it to gel, that's for sure. A thick trace is my guess.

Back