Honey Color

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soapsense

Reaction score
I bought a new FO, Honey Almond. Any ideas on what colors to mix together to get a honey yellow color?

Does it contain vanilla? It'll possibly brown if it does.

But adding honey itself to the soap produces a nice golden color. I usually add mine to the lye water after it has cooled some

When I add honey to my Oatmeal Honey soap, it tends to make the soap batter look a little bit orange, but it cures to a really nice light beige. It adds a little bit of lovely color of its own. :)

I think certain gold micas make a nice honey color... I've got Goldfinger from Mad Oil. Their photo looks much more orangey, but used at lighter amounts makes a pretty true honey color.

I second the added honey. I added some to just a portion of the batter and got a lovely tawny yellow colour. ImageUploadedBySoap Making1422300715.224130.jpg

Does it have to be runny honey or will powdered honey have the same effect, I have some powdered you see :mrgreen:

Does it have to be runny honey or will powdered honey have the same effect, I have some powdered you see :mrgreen:

I've never worked with powdered honey before, but I would suggest adding a little water (or carrier oil) to it to make sure that it in incorporates. When I add honey, I always mix it with a little bit of warm water so that it's a thinner consistency and mixes better with the soap. That's just how I do it, so there may be other methods that work well, too. Make sure to let us know how it turns out!

So I get all my stuff together this morning and plan to use honey as suggested, and low and behold someone ate all the honey....
So I mixed neon yellow with neon orange, then added a couple of drops of red, and one drop of blue to tone down the brightness a little.
Covered up now, I guess we will see what it looks like tomorrow.

Pictures, please, that sounds like it'll turn out beautifully!

Even if the color/scent combo doesn't say honey, just call it something like Electric Honey.

I had an evergreen FO that I had planned green and white for--it ended up looking too much like camouflage. I'll call it Sargent Pine or some such and the people I gift it to will assume I meant to do that. Which I totally did, you know. Planned from the start.

Well here it is, I was afraid to put too much of the color in it, just in case it was awful. Not sure I care for the scent now that it is done, kind of a candy smell.
soap.jpg

Latest posts

Back