Quantcast

Holiday Fragrances

SoapMakingForum

Help Support SoapMakingForum:

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I'm starting to think about holiday fragrances, last year I did a peppermint (candy cane from WSP) and a vanilla mint (Jack Frost from WSP) as well as some piney ones. What's in this year? I've been so busy I feel out of the loop this year.

shunt2011

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I love Peaks Apple Jack Peel, and Cranberry Citrus. My Cedar and Balsam seems to sell well then too. The only other one is Peppermint Stick.

KristaY

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some of my faves are Spiced Cranberry (EBB), Frankincense & Myrrh (NG), Bayberry (NG) and Woodland Elves (BB). I usually do something with peppermint and cranberry or pomegranite or citrus. I haven't seen anything advertised as "new" but since it's still June.... I guess they aren't thinking as far ahead as you Jules!

IrishLass

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
I'm not 'in-the-know' as far as trends are concerned, but I love these scents for my Christmas-time soaps:

Cedar & Saffron (BB)
Winter Wonderland (Peaks)
Sugared Spruce (WSP)
Bayberry (Peaks)
Peppermint Stick (WSP)
Pomegranate (SweetCakes)- doubles as a really good cranberry scent
Holiday Sparkle (Peaks)
Mulberry (Peaks)
Northwoods (SweetCakes)
Spiced Plum (Oregon Trails)
Santa's Pipe (SweetCakes)
Twilight Woods (Peaks)
Violet Birch (Bittercreek North)
Frankincense & Myrrh (I used to use the one from TSW, but since they are out-of-business, I'm on a search for a new one)

IrishLass :)

cmzaha

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I completely gave up on holiday scents. They have never been popular with my customers. That said, I love peppermint, Big Sur, Cranberry Spice, Wintergreen, Frank & Myrr from WSP, one of few I purchase from them, and Gingerbread from soapsupplies.net. Apple & Cinnamon fo's do well for me year around

TeresaT

I see you.
Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Tonight I made my first Christmas soaps. I used peppermint eo (just a little) and Purely Peppermint FO from Peak. I did a ribbon swirl; however, I think I overdid the red. I'll find out when I unmold them. They might be "keepers" or gifts only since they may bleed (since the colorant is red, it really will look like blood!). But on the positive side, my house smells amazing!! Tomorrow I'm going to try Peak's Cranberry Oak. That smells really good, too.

TheDragonGirl

Professional Geek
Reaction score
I really like BB's sleigh ride, cranberry chutney and gingersnap

I actually get good mileage out of the EOs: Peppermint, cedar, a frankincense and myrrh blend and orange and clove, so any fragrance oils that approximate those would probably do well?

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Wow, so many great suggestions, my PayPal thanks you for sending me on a shopping spree.

I do like the idea of blending eo's too, I'll have to give my nose a whirl.

I completely gave up on holiday scents. They have never been popular with my customers. That said, I love peppermint, Big Sur, Cranberry Spice, Wintergreen, Frank & Myrr from WSP, one of few I purchase from them, and Gingerbread from soapsupplies.net. Apple & Cinnamon fo's do well for me year around
I actually agree with you, cmzaha, while even though I wasn't really selling yet last year I noticed even friends and family chose non holiday scents more often than the cute holiday soaps.

Obsidian

Reaction score
I really like mixing peppermint with balsam FO from natures garden, its a nice pine tree scent but not as sharp or artificial as most pine.

jules92207

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I really like mixing peppermint with balsam FO from natures garden, its a nice pine tree scent but not as sharp or artificial as most pine.
Oh sweet, I have a list growing for natures garden too so I'm happy to have something more to add. The more the merrier!