Holiday Fragrances

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I'm starting to think about holiday fragrances, last year I did a peppermint (candy cane from WSP) and a vanilla mint (Jack Frost from WSP) as well as some piney ones. What's in this year? I've been so busy I feel out of the loop this year.

Some of my faves are Spiced Cranberry (EBB), Frankincense & Myrrh (NG), Bayberry (NG) and Woodland Elves (BB). I usually do something with peppermint and cranberry or pomegranite or citrus. I haven't seen anything advertised as "new" but since it's still June.... I guess they aren't thinking as far ahead as you Jules!

I'm not 'in-the-know' as far as trends are concerned, but I love these scents for my Christmas-time soaps:

Cedar & Saffron (BB)
Winter Wonderland (Peaks)
Sugared Spruce (WSP)
Bayberry (Peaks)
Peppermint Stick (WSP)
Pomegranate (SweetCakes)- doubles as a really good cranberry scent
Holiday Sparkle (Peaks)
Mulberry (Peaks)
Northwoods (SweetCakes)
Spiced Plum (Oregon Trails)
Santa's Pipe (SweetCakes)
Twilight Woods (Peaks)
Violet Birch (Bittercreek North)
Frankincense & Myrrh (I used to use the one from TSW, but since they are out-of-business, I'm on a search for a new one)

IrishLass :)

I completely gave up on holiday scents. They have never been popular with my customers. That said, I love peppermint, Big Sur, Cranberry Spice, Wintergreen, Frank & Myrr from WSP, one of few I purchase from them, and Gingerbread from soapsupplies.net. Apple & Cinnamon fo's do well for me year around

Tonight I made my first Christmas soaps. I used peppermint eo (just a little) and Purely Peppermint FO from Peak. I did a ribbon swirl; however, I think I overdid the red. I'll find out when I unmold them. They might be "keepers" or gifts only since they may bleed (since the colorant is red, it really will look like blood!). But on the positive side, my house smells amazing!! Tomorrow I'm going to try Peak's Cranberry Oak. That smells really good, too.

I really like BB's sleigh ride, cranberry chutney and gingersnap

I actually get good mileage out of the EOs: Peppermint, cedar, a frankincense and myrrh blend and orange and clove, so any fragrance oils that approximate those would probably do well?

Wow, so many great suggestions, my PayPal thanks you for sending me on a shopping spree.

I do like the idea of blending eo's too, I'll have to give my nose a whirl.

I completely gave up on holiday scents. They have never been popular with my customers. That said, I love peppermint, Big Sur, Cranberry Spice, Wintergreen, Frank & Myrr from WSP, one of few I purchase from them, and Gingerbread from soapsupplies.net. Apple & Cinnamon fo's do well for me year around

I actually agree with you, cmzaha, while even though I wasn't really selling yet last year I noticed even friends and family chose non holiday scents more often than the cute holiday soaps.

Latest posts

Back