Help needed from Select Shades users

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

heyjude

Reaction score
Just received my Select Shades, :D I have a question about mixing and using them.... and any other advice not offered on the ss website.

1) If I want to make a solid color --- Do I mix my "parts" together with a spoon in a separate container and then add a little bit of soap to the color before adding it to the rest of the soap?

or

Should I mix the colors together and then add them to the entire pot?

2) If I want to swirl ---if I am making a 1# batch, do I still add 1 teaspoon to the amount of soap I am taking out to swirl?

or
Since I am only using-- let's say 1 cup of my soap for the swirl, do I cut back on the amount of ss I use, if so, by how much?

I think I get the part stuff although I did notice that it took more than 1 tsp. to make some of the color combinations.

Any other tips would be greatly appreciated!

Jude

1) If I want to make a solid color --- Do I mix my "parts" together with a spoon in a separate container and then add a little bit of soap to the color before adding it to the rest of the soap?

or

Should I mix the colors together and then add them to the entire pot?

2) If I want to swirl ---if I am making a 1# batch, do I still add 1 teaspoon to the amount of soap I am taking out to swirl?

or
Since I am only using-- let's say 1 cup of my soap for the swirl, do I cut back on the amount of ss I use, if so, by how much?

I think I get the part stuff although I did notice that it took more than 1 tsp. to make some of the color combinations.
1. I would mix any of the colors you'd like with a small amount of soap batter. THen add the highly colored bit back to the whole shebang... make sure it's REALLY blended.

2. Let's say your 1lb batch is a two color swirl... Half pink, half blue. 1t. would be sufficient for the whole batch. So in theory 1/2 t. for pink, 1/2t. for blue. Just make sure everything is blended! Have fun!

Thanks for the help! I'm really looking forward to trying them out and just hope that I don't end up with colored bubbles. :lol:

Jude

Latest posts

Back