How do you choose your color palettes?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you pre-disperse your TD @Zing ? I just love having it already made, it’s a big timesaver when soaping and I find I use it up timely since I make small batches. I have a little 4oz squirt bottle and added 2 small stainless steel ball bearing's to it. I make up a batch as needed (2-3 times a year) and after a nice shake, it’s ready to use anytime I need some. 😊
With TD, I disperse in oil. I've tried all the things. My latest is a squirt bottle with BBs. I learned from, guess where, tho' to switch out with large bolts instead. The BBs are clogging up the spout. This is by far the best way to disperse, in my experience.

Do you pre-disperse your TD @Zing ? I just love having it already made, it’s a big timesaver when soaping and I find I use it up timely since I make small batches. I have a little 4oz squirt bottle and added 2 small stainless steel ball bearing's to it. I make up a batch as needed (2-3 times a year) and after a nice shake, it’s ready to use anytime I need some. 😊
Do you remember where you got the ball bearings and what size they are? Zing mentioned in another thread that he was using something similar to this and the ball bearings were getting stuck in the squirt top. I currently use a small canning jar but it’s messy.

And give away my secrets?! 😆

Now I'm imagining a batch of Lavender soap coloured yellow, or a batch of orange blossom coloured blue, etc 🤪
My first ever cold process batch was a lemonade scented soap I colored teal, blue, and white. I used that same fragrance in November on another teal and white soap. Perhaps lemonade just smells blue or maybe its because I don't like yellow 🤭

Do you remember where you got the ball bearings and what size they are? Zing mentioned in another thread that he was using something similar to this and the ball bearings were getting stuck in the squirt top. I currently use a small canning jar but it’s messy.
I took my little squirt bottle down to Ace Hardware and got the biggest size stainless steel bearings I could get through the opening of the bottle. If I tilt it completely upside down, the bearings get in the way, but if I tilt slowly and politely it doesn’t block the opening. I got these bottles, but I don’t recall the bearing size.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08CB1NPFD/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

So I took a FO - Coconut Citrus Sorbet (BB) - closed my eyes, and inhaled. It was an easy one, but of course I smelled the beach. This was intended to be a challenge entry, but as you can see, it didn’t “drip” well (too thick; I soaped too hot due to my impatience). Anyway, I do like how the colors complement the tropical scent, in my mind anyway. I appreciate y’all’s advice!

image.jpg

So I took a FO - Coconut Citrus Sorbet (BB) - closed my eyes, and inhaled. It was an easy one, but of course I smelled the beach. This was intended to be a challenge entry, but as you can see, it didn’t “drip” well (too thick; I soaped too hot due to my impatience). Anyway, I do like how the colors complement the tropical scent, in my mind anyway. I appreciate y’all’s advice!

View attachment 76053
Really pretty! It makes me think of how Picasso would paint the beach. That FO sounds yummy.

View attachment 76053
I need to know your method for how you did this! I have so many inspirational ideas for this technique.

Latest posts

Back