Hello

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robosqu1d

Reaction score
Hi
Sue from Nottingham, England here. I'm new to soap-making too, just been at it for a few weeks with mixed success.

My first 5 mica colours arrived in the post today and I was so excited that I used them all - theoretically a pot swirl - and ended up with a mostly brown goo with some blue and white bits showing. Lesson learn - I'll be more selective (and gentle...) next time.

Looking forward to getting lots of advice. I'll need it, so much to learn!

Just one twist around the bowl :) Soap making is so much fun, the learning really interests me!

Me too - I'm learning as much from my mistakes as from my successes. I'll try doing layers tomorrow (should have known to start with something simple...) :D

Hello!! :wave:

Soapmaking sounds so simple, doesn't it? I mean, it's just "lye + oil = soap". Ah yes, if only it were that simple. LOL The magic is in the details... but every batch, the good, the bad and the ugly, all teach you something. A little overswirling doesn't mean a thing. You made soap!!... and you learned a lot along the way, I'm sure. :D Don't hesitate to look and ask around on here. There are tons of talented soapers here that will be more than happy to help you out if you need it.

Oh and we LOVE to see pictures of soap. (It's all part of the addiction. LOL) Please feel free to post pictures of all your creations, anytime! :thumbup:

Welcome! :)

Latest posts

Back