Generic soap scent?

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Obsidian

Reaction score
Is there a FO that just smells like a generic clean soapy scent?
I'm finding that I don't care to actually wash with most scented soaps. Its fun to play with scent and I like smelling it while making it but thats about it.
I keep reaching for the plainer soaps but I don't care for the oily scent of unscented bars.

Is there a FO that just smells like a generic clean soapy scent?
I'm finding that I don't care to actually wash with most scented soaps. Its fun to play with scent and I like smelling it while making it but thats about it.
I keep reaching for the plainer soaps but I don't care for the oily scent of unscented bars.[/Q

I haven't smelled an oily smell to my unscented bars, your sniffer must be better then mine :) BB has a Clover and aloe scent that is nice and light. have you tried going real light on the scent, just to cover up the oil smell

I do have a pretty sensitive nose. I do have lighter scents but so many smell like flowers or sweet, I don't want either. Tried finding a nice ocean scent and they all seem to be too flowery.

How about a nice lemony scent?
I don't usually use FOs because they seem too flowery/powdery to me. But really liked avobath from WSP -- it's a nice lemon/lime scent, fresh, clean, and just overall quite good. I probably wouldn't call it a generic soap scent but didn't find it bothersome at all.
My other favorite scent is just plain old bergamot EO -- not too sweet, not too sour. (Maybe I'm partial to citrus...)

lemon is acceptable. I actually have a very nice lemon FO from NG that sticks very well. I should try it lightly ad see how it does. I usually make it very strong for a family member.

Have you tried BB salty mariner? I find it a subtle but fresh and crisp smell

Yes, it smells like burnt wiring to me.
Your nose-to-brain relay is awesome I must say lol

Having said that, I get what you mean by the oily smell of unscented soap. But I only get it in my soaps that are high in canola oil.

Sorry for the hijack.. I'm no help at all lol

I used Breezes and Sunshine and it's a nice gentle, clean and fresh scent that's not as clinical as the clean linen type smells. I think it's from Nature's Garden?
Top Notes: blood orange, sea waves
Mid Notes: rose, pineapple, peach, cyclamen, jasmine
Base Notes: sea lily flowers, woods, cut grass
It makes it sound like a fruity floral, but i don't get that from it at all. I just get clean and fresh. And it's not strong or overpowering.

WSP has a FO called "Soap". It does have that generic, clean soapy kinda smell.

I agree with this recommendation. Soapy Clean by BB is also, well, soapy. If you're looking for a crisp, clean soapy soap, I'd go with WSP's.

My nose is a pain in the butt, lol. If a scent has any possibility of smelling chemically or like play doh, I'll smell it. Breezes and sunshine sounds interesting, I'll check into it. Would love to find something from NG since my two other must have scents come from there.

I really like Clean from Sweetcakes. And I am also very fond of Democrat from NG. Both smell very refreshing, not floral, not particularly green, just fresh, but of course that is how my nose perceives them.

Latest posts

Back