Galaxy Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Don't mind at all @Primrose :) Yes, its TD (the kind you mix with water) mixed with a little rubbing alcohol. I dipped a toothbrush in the mixture and ran my finger over the bristles.

There's a part 3 to the video I linked in the first post. For some reason it doesn't show up on the side when watching part 2, you have to go to the video list. She used mica. I have no idea why I chose TD, I guess I forgot I had white mica :D

Don't mind at all @Primrose :) Yes, its TD (the kind you mix with water) mixed with a little rubbing alcohol. I dipped a toothbrush in the mixture and ran my finger over the bristles.

There's a part 3 to the video I linked in the first post. For some reason it doesn't show up on the side when watching part 2, you have to go to the video list. She used mica. I have no idea why I chose TD, I guess I forgot I had white mica :D

Thanks heaps! I was thinking it was TD mixed into the batter but this makes more sense. Shame it would rinse off in the first use, but I don't know that there'd be any other way to do it, would there? To have it go all the way through the bar

Thanks heaps! I was thinking it was TD mixed into the batter but this makes more sense. Shame it would rinse off in the first use, but I don't know that there'd be any other way to do it, would there? To have it go all the way through the bar

The only thing I can think is to shred/chop white soap and use it as a confetti in the black, but I don't think it would give the same look at all. The design still looks great even after the stars wash away :)

Amazing.
Must have taken some serious time and planning too.
Wow!!!

Mostly just making the soap dough ahead of time. I found it was much easier to work with after at least a month. I'm getting started on my next batch :D
47372008501_dec3c0b2b8.jpg

@Clarice I bought them on Amazon. I like that they give almost instant lather (in my hard water). I toss all the teeny slivers in one. The only thing I don't like is when I wash my hands a billion times a day, it stays a little too wet sometimes. The one I keep hanging in the shower with a shaving puck dries out nicely (I've found these are best for getting a good lather with Windsongs shave soap in the shower, a shave brush works up a better lather, but the mesh is much easier).

I don't usually chime in with congratulations because there are a lot of truly incredible soaps posted on this board. But this, @midnightsoaper, this defies words! I can't even!!

46375816055_da3f158179_z.jpg

47238427022_db7009bfb5_z.jpg

First, I'll give credit where credit is due ;) I saw this soap on youtube and LOVED it, had to try making it for myself. I'm definitely going to do this again and make it a little more my own.

It's scented with All Souls Day from Nurture Soap. It's amazing! Definitely one of my favorites now :D Please excuse the massive air bubble lol I obviously did not look too closely when choosing a bar to photograph (that's what I get for doing it first thing in the morning before coffee!). The FO moved pretty fast and plopped more than it poured. I was more focused on rationing my soap colors! I poured off and colored WAY too much blue/green, barely had enough black to add to the top. But it turned out (and I have two extra bars of just blue/green lol).
Awesome bar! I'm going to have to find this!

46375816055_da3f158179_z.jpg

47238427022_db7009bfb5_z.jpg

First, I'll give credit where credit is due ;) I saw this soap on youtube and LOVED it, had to try making it for myself. I'm definitely going to do this again and make it a little more my own.

It's scented with All Souls Day from Nurture Soap. It's amazing! Definitely one of my favorites now :D Please excuse the massive air bubble lol I obviously did not look too closely when choosing a bar to photograph (that's what I get for doing it first thing in the morning before coffee!). The FO moved pretty fast and plopped more than it poured. I was more focused on rationing my soap colors! I poured off and colored WAY too much blue/green, barely had enough black to add to the top. But it turned out (and I have two extra bars of just blue/green lol).
Beautiful! I love artists...this is wonderful!

Back