Galaxy Soap

Soapmaking Forum

Help Support Soapmaking Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

midnightsoaper

Reaction score
46375816055_da3f158179_z.jpg

47238427022_db7009bfb5_z.jpg

First, I'll give credit where credit is due ;) I saw this soap on youtube and LOVED it, had to try making it for myself. I'm definitely going to do this again and make it a little more my own.

It's scented with All Souls Day from Nurture Soap. It's amazing! Definitely one of my favorites now :D Please excuse the massive air bubble lol I obviously did not look too closely when choosing a bar to photograph (that's what I get for doing it first thing in the morning before coffee!). The FO moved pretty fast and plopped more than it poured. I was more focused on rationing my soap colors! I poured off and colored WAY too much blue/green, barely had enough black to add to the top. But it turned out (and I have two extra bars of just blue/green lol).

Last edited:
WOW! Love it. Does the black bleed? What did you use for color?

It does, but it doesn't bother me too much. I only make soap for my family and we all use mesh soap savers, no washcloths to worry about. I'm pretty satisfied with this black, so next time I will back off the color a little to see if I can hit that sweet spot of still having a black soap with minimal bleeding. The recipe was 33oz of oil (some of which went to the blue/green of course) and I used 1/2 t. black oxide and 4 t. AC for the black portion. I think I'll keep the black oxide the same and back off the AC. I know the teal is bleeding a little too....I think I added about twice what I intended because I had the wrong measuring spoon lol

Just did a lather test for you :D Its of course only 24 hrs old and a tad soft, so I think the mesh really pulled off more than it would a cured bar (especially this mesh, I use this one at the sink for handwashing, it REALLY loads the soap, I can use the mesh alone 2-3 more times with no bar). The suds are a little gray.
47290974821_7f8a1284ab_z.jpg

It does, but it doesn't bother me too much. I only make soap for my family and we all use mesh soap savers, no washcloths to worry about. I'm pretty satisfied with this black, so next time I will back off the color a little to see if I can hit that sweet spot of still having a black soap with minimal bleeding. The recipe was 33oz of oil (some of which went to the blue/green of course) and I used 1/2 t. black oxide and 4 t. AC for the black portion. I think I'll keep the black oxide the same and back off the AC. I know the teal is bleeding a little too....I think I added about twice what I intended because I had the wrong measuring spoon lol

Just did a lather test for you :D Its of course only 24 hrs old and a tad soft, so I think the mesh really pulled off more than it would a cured bar (especially this mesh, I use this one at the sink for handwashing, it REALLY loads the soap, I can use the mesh alone 2-3 more times with no bar). The suds are a little gray.
47290974821_7f8a1284ab_z.jpg
Thank you. You response was very detailed. I am anxious to see how it is after it cures.

It's a dupe of Lush's Day of the Dead. I've never smelled the original (I'm not sure its made anymore, or maybe its seasonal). I want to put this fragrance in everything (including things I don't even make yet lol).

Latest posts

Back